KNITTERS-DELIGHT



5:40 PM

FO - Vogue 8805


I finished this dress on Wednesday and wore it to work on Friday. It is a nice, work appropriate piece that should get descent wear. It came together fairly quickly, although I did fiddle with the neckline a bit. All of the fabric was purchased for one or two bucks at the National City Swap meet a few month back. The fabric on the top portion was used to make my McCall's two-toned polka-dotted dress. I hope I have enough fabric to use it for one more color-block project. We will see.


So I have yet to finish working on my body double. It has cured enough where I can start reinforcing it, but I have just sat it aside instead. I am going to have to get a jump on this since I am doing the sewing competition with three other women for ETA Sewing Expo with Peggy Sagers. I hope I'll stop procrastinating by tomorrow. LOL. We will see.

What's on my sewing table now? Another McCall's maxi-dress of course. I hope to wear this to work tomorrow, so I better get off of this computer and start sewing. Ahhh, procrastination is no good.

12 comments:

Dixie said...

This is very cute! I like the colors you chose. The dress looks great on you.

Linda T said...

I just bought this pattern. Hope mine comes out as cute as yours. I haven't decided on fabric yet,but I think there will be some yellow ponte as a part of it.

Faye Lewis said...

Love your blocking!

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

I like your version with the stripes at the bottom! Very kewl!

Beth (SunnyGal Studio) said...

that is super-chic, love the colors and you are right, a great work dress with a pop of brights.

velosews said...

Nice work. I love these colours on you.

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

Super cute.

Virginia's Daughter said...

I agree with Beth...super-chic and perfect color combination! Love those cute work dresses!

Anonymous said...

Your colors are AWESOME...NICE :)

L**, Bathtub Fabric Queen said...

Love this! So classic and chic!

Jenny said...

Great dress! Love the color blocking trend!

Shannon said...

I love the colours in this dress - very flattering style on you!