KNITTERS-DELIGHT



1:47 AM

Two FOs - McCall's 5845 and Vogue 8815


I have two FOs to share -an African-inspired peplum top and my three years in the making graffiti dress. I made my peplum top using the summer Vogue pattern line. I have seen some fabulous tops using Vogue 8815 and mine is no exception. My only issues were with not having the right zipper for the back. I improvised by cutting the back on the fold and putting an invisible zipper on the side. After hemming and hawing and moving the zipper to the side, I actually realized that I didn't need a zipper at all. It slides right over my head. LOL. Oh, well. The top still looks fabulous. I'm pairing it with my Colette Pattern Clover pants, which are just a tad too large now. I felt pretty and wild all day and got compliments from everyone, including strangers. Can't beat that. I will be making this one again, just in a smaller size.


So I started making my McCall's dress over three years ago, but came across too many fitting issues. I folded it up and put it into one of my fabric bins and forgot about it. Well, while looking for some fabric, I saw it and decided to try it on. Low and behold, it mostly fit. So with a zipper, hem, and shoulder seam to go, I finished it on Saturday evening. This dress is in a fabric that I fell in love with at Discount Fabrics in North Park. I really wanted to make it work, so it is so amazing to finally have it on and to have already worn it TWICE since Saturday.

18 comments:

Judith said...

Now that must be a bit of a record for making a dress!!! 3 years - but well worth the wait. It looks super on you...
✿ Judy
made by J

Sassy said...

Am guessing yoou meant "compliments" lol. You look fabulous, and you have lost so much weight, evident in this pic.

velosews said...

These are 2 really good pieces. The graffiti dress was work the wait :)

Julie Culshaw said...

Love the back on your dress. A beautiful surprise when you turn around.

Victoria said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE both pieces. Those peplum tops are all the rave and you picked an awesome print! And that dress is va-va-voom! Super sexy with the obi belt!!!

Amanda S. said...

Great job! I love that peplum top, and you have the perfect body to wear that style.

Lori said...

Gorgeous top and great dress. Congrats on finishing it.

Sheila said...

Gorgeous garments and you used the perfect prints for them.

Beth (SunnyGal Studio) said...

Fantastic !!!! that dress fits you like a dream.

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

Love both pieces!

Monica D said...

CONGRATS on your weight loss! Well done garments :)

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

Two fantastic looks. I'm currrently working on 8815 and hope it looks as good as yours.

meli88a said...

The African fabric is such a good choice for that peplum top. You look great in both photos, your hair is just gorj in the first one!

marysews said...

I love them both, They are awesome!

Myra said...

I love all three pieces! Your first outfit makes me scream with joy it's soooooo pretty on you! I agree with Victoria, it's very sexy!

mle said...

Yay! This are some gorgeous pieces for sure! So glad the graffiti dress got a second chance at life. LOL!

Jenny said...

You are looking great! Both looks are beautiful!

Virginia's Daughter said...

This dress is HOT! Love your version of V8815 too! Lookin' good!