I have two FOs to share -an African-inspired peplum top and my three years in the making graffiti dress. I made my peplum top using the summer Vogue pattern line. I have seen some fabulous tops using Vogue 8815 and mine is no exception. My only issues were with not having the right zipper for the back. I improvised by cutting the back on the fold and putting an invisible zipper on the side. After hemming and hawing and moving the zipper to the side, I actually realized that I didn't need a zipper at all. It slides right over my head. LOL. Oh, well. The top still looks fabulous. I'm pairing it with my Colette Pattern Clover pants, which are just a tad too large now. I felt pretty and wild all day and got compliments from everyone, including strangers. Can't beat that. I will be making this one again, just in a smaller size.
So I started making my McCall's dress over three years ago, but came across too many fitting issues. I folded it up and put it into one of my fabric bins and forgot about it. Well, while looking for some fabric, I saw it and decided to try it on. Low and behold, it mostly fit. So with a zipper, hem, and shoulder seam to go, I finished it on Saturday evening. This dress is in a fabric that I fell in love with at Discount Fabrics in North Park. I really wanted to make it work, so it is so amazing to finally have it on and to have already worn it TWICE since Saturday.