So this was a quickie that I did last while watching t.v. at home. Sorry about the wrinkles. I don't think cotton and I get along too well. This was stash fabric that I pulled from my storage unit. Yes, I have so much fabric and patterns that I have a storage unit. I'm working on changing this!
I think this is a nice pattern that sews up fairly quickly. It is appropriate for a beginner, although I think pleats can be a bit intimidating for real newbies.
In other news, I started making my body double mannequin this weekend with some friends from my sewing class. It was made using Jan Bone's tape and book. Let's just say I blacked out for a bit due to the heat, lack of food, and 1 1/2 workout in the morning. Yikes! This was not my best weekend. It was worth it in the end, though. I will let it cure for a week and start the reinforcements.
I wanted a good mannequin to use for my 20-year HS reunion dress and for the eTAC challenge I'm doing in October. It's crazy to compare the store bought version and the one that we made.