KNITTERS-DELIGHT



1:56 AM

Final Me-Made-May 2012 Post with FOs


My outfits going clockwise:
* White kimono tee by MariaDenmark worn under store-bought sherbert colored cardi and self-drafted midi-length knit "wave" skirt. (I made both of these for my new Me-Made items).
* McCall's 6551 color-blocked dress with piping detail. I feel this is a stretch from my normal style choices, but I love the overall looks. From the longer back detail to the piping and color-blocking. Not to mention that I got both pieces of fabric for less than $5.00 at the National City swap meet....score!
* Simplicity 2365 pin-tuck tunic. This gets a lot of wear and always gathers compliments.
* New Look 6735 brown plaid, knit pants.
* New Look 6470 side tie - knit floral top.

This was a good week for Me-Made items and my color-blocked dress was the perfect end for my Me-Made journey. I managed to wear different items every day without any repeats (not counting store-bought RTW items). Hopefully the next time I will be able to wear 100% Me-Made. We will see.

Just for fun....here's the entire line-up in a collage.

5 comments:

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

Nice line-up but I'm really liking your McCalls 6551 dress. This dress is on my summer sewing list too!

Sassy said...

Go girrrl. You done really well, once am experienced I would like to participate in something similar.

Faye Lewis said...

You did great and look FAB! My favorite is the colorblocked dress!

Myra said...

Awesome job and definitely all beautiful pieces! Congratulations!

ana5059 said...

Wow, you collage show us all your mmm12. Fantastic job

quepuedohacerconesto.blogspot.com