KNITTERS-DELIGHT



4:57 PM

FO 1940s Swing Dress Version 1



I'm sorry I've been such a bad blogger. I actually have several FOs that I need to blog about. I am still participating in Me-Made-March and am taking my daily photos. I was hoping to put one week's worth of outfits in a collage, but haven't gotten around to doing that yet. I'll get to it this week, though.

Even though I'm wearing a new skirt to work today, I am showing you what I wore yesterday to Church. It's my new swing dress. This is the first version, which is cute, but a bit matronly for my style. I have already completed another version, in a different material. It's a bit snug on me, so hopefully I'll be able to fit into in the next week or so to show you how it looks. This version is sleeveless and in a charmeuse fabric. My current dress is made from a light voile and is underlined with cotton batiste.




Overall, I am very happy that I managed to complete this dress on time with Casey's sewalong. I do think that I could see another one or two of these in my future, as it is an easy project after going through it once or twice (I did make a muslin of the bodice). Stay tuned for pics of my new skirt I wore to work today and my new flannel jacket/cardi in the coming days....

10 comments:

Cas... said...

I don't think you have any reason to apologize for being a bad blogger whatsoever. You're a new mother, working full time and sewing too. You're doing very well.

Nice dress! Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

Pretty dress and the fabric is great!

Faye Lewis said...

Cute, love that print! How is baby girl?

Anonymous said...

It might not be an everyday dress but its still very pretty. With the light voile it looks especially comfortable to wear too.

Karin said...

Very pretty and very feminine!

Dr. Z said...

Nice dress!

Angela said...

Cute dress and lovely pictures!

coffeeaddict said...

I love this dress. You can jazz it up to diminsh the matronly factor, but I think this dress is perfect for church due to modest skirt lenght and longer sleeves. Great work!

Casey said...

You look so pretty! :) I really like the print of the fabric--it's so springish. Can't wait to see your sleeveless version (such a great idea!!!!)!

♥ Casey

amber said...

I think this is cute, but a charmeuse, sleeveless version sounds so much more "you." I'm excited to see it!