KNITTERS-DELIGHT



12:18 PM

FO - BWOF 07-2009-117 Strapless Tunic



I finished another FO from the BWOF July issue. I am really having a great time with this month's issue. While there are only two side seams, this still was time consuming due to the vast amount of shirring. Of course in the Burda issue, the model's top has only 10 rows, while mine had 25! Still, I was able to wear this after working on it for only 2 evenings. I wore it to work yesterday under a black cardigan, but found that I looked a bit preggers. When I got home, I used my serger to remove a ton of excess fabric off of the sides. That change made all of the difference. I should have done an FBA on this one, but serging the sides carefully, worked fine this time around.

I really find this to be a sexy, going out on the town top now. The fabric was left over from my New Look 6843 skirt. I bought the fabric from Joann Fabrics early this year. I think the look is so different as a top versus skirt. What do you think?



Next up, 120A from the same July issue and 122 from the April issue.

25 comments:

Sew-Ann said...

Probably lighting but the top is popping more with purple than the skirt is. I like the top better too. I'm sure the black cardigan on top made it pop even more.

Opal said...

I am loving your top!....that fabric is gorgeous.....

Auset's Stitched Treasures said...

I agree Sew-Ann. The top does seem more purple than the skirt. Nice top, though. It would probably look smashing with with trousers! The fit is perfect.
Angela

Team Knit said...

love the glam fabric you chose, very sexy!!

- Julie

Auset's Stitched Treasures said...

I hate that you can't edit after you've posted. Anyhoo, I meant to say "white" trousers. Sorry about that.
Angela

Faye Lewis said...

I like both creations!

Robin said...

That is awesome!!! Loving it. Can you send some sewing mojo my way??

Susan said...

Angela - I actually bought some white trousers to wear with this, but the fit wasn't right. lol.

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

Fabulous. Right now I'm really loving strapless and halters!

Lisa said...

You look great! Really nice job!

Lisa said...

You look great! Really nice job!

gwensews said...

Very nice. Looks great on you.

Jada said...

Sexy Sexy!! That fabric just makes it pop!

Adrienne said...

Very nice!

foodandknitgirl said...

Girl you have some mad skills on that sewing machine. I just cathching up on all of you post and I must say . You clothes should be in a store somewhere. God given talent in sewing and knitting is what you have. Keep it up.

God Bless!

toy said...

well, it looks really good, sans the extra fabric
I can see that you enjoying this issue like must of us
I had to put mines away to prevent overload, lol

~ Kimberlee B ~ said...

Very cute!

Allison said...

I quite like this top. I found your blog thru craftster and had to 'follow' you because not only do you have excellent projects posted, but you went to St. mikes-- I grew up in VT and my family is still there!

Sheila said...

You look fabulous!

Hilary said...

Hot, hot, hot!! You're right...it's a totally different look than the skirt.

amanda said...

HOT MAMA!!!

Cennetta said...

This is a hot little number.

Andrea said...

Go ahead with your sexy self. You look fabulous!!!

meli88a said...

You look fabulous. Is there anything you sew that is not perfectly flattering?

Mystic Thistle said...

Just look at you! Sewing up a storm! Admirable work, and looking great.