KNITTERS-DELIGHT



4:30 PM

Life Updates and FO New Look 6843 Skirt



Sorry I've been absent this last week. I'm still alive and kickin'! I will be going to my Tuesday Sew class tonight and will hopefully have a good start to my next project (McCall 5662 top). My Gorgeous Fabrics order just came in and I want to have it on me already. lol.

I made New Look 6843 skirt over the weekend. I cut out the pieces and realized that I didn't have the directions with the pattern. Instead of freaking out, I managed to put it together. Since I wasn't following the directions anyway, I moved the zipper from the back to the left side. Here's a picture of my new skirt on Sookie. I used a silky material that I purchased from Joann's.



In knitting news, I have picked my hat back up and am working on it during hockey games that Brandi and I go to on Saturdays. Now that I have been booted out of Monday sewing class I will also try to go to Brandi's Infinite Knitters Group at Starbucks. Here's my progress.

14 comments:

brandilion said...

LOL I really think I got the better picture of the two of us :D

Ambitious Sewer said...

Great job on the skirt...I can't wait to see how your hat turns out!

Faye Lewis said...

Very nice wardrobe additions.

Omega said...

Cute outfit!

Omega said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dei said...

Very cute and clever.

MissMasala5 said...

Nice top and skirt! That's so cool that you have a knitting group at Starbucks :)

Hilary said...

I love that hat in general, and think yours is going to be particularly great in that color. Can't wait to see how it turns out! Also, I love that your dress form has a name. :)

QueenSH said...

Cute skirt! I can't wait to see the material you chose to make you top with.

Cennetta said...

Cute skirt, Susan. The sweater is a perfect match for it.

Anonymous said...

Love the skirt fabric!

Chicago Sarah said...

Great knitting work! :) What did you get from Gorgeous Fabrics? Can't wait to see what you make it into

Jackie said...

Love the new skirt and the fabric! Can't wait to see your finished hat.

Andrea said...

Your skirt turned out great. I didn't post before, but I have to tell you that I LOVE your Heart Tunic that you posted on on 2/3. The fabric is beautiful. Can't wait to see your hat when it's finished. and the McCall's top you'll be working on next.