I actually forgot that I finished this skirt a while back. This was my first time using a stretch cotton. It's a bit different than I'm use to wearing, but with the 97 degree temperature, it's good timing for me to try it on!
In other sewing news, I have made a "muslin" for the BWOF cover project. I say muslin, because in quotes because it was not my original intention. Unfortunately, the jersey I picked out just has too much weight and isn't giving me the airy quality that I would like. I will probably cut it shorter and keep it as a shirt. I will look online for a simple white jersey fabric to try this one again. I really like the string ties and cut-out dolman sleeves. Instead of laboring over this project the entire weekend, I put it down and started the shirred top from the same issue - Top 117. I just have to sew up the side seams and coverstitch the bottom. I will be wearing this one to work for sure tomorrow. Two more Burda projects on my list are 120A and the cover project from the April 2009 issue. So many people made beautiful tops using that one, so I hope to continue that tradition.
I also need to order my first Kwik Sew project. I want to make KS3608, the monokini. I have already bought the fabric, but didn't have a store locally that had the pattern. I'll probably order this one through PR. We'll see what acutally happens and what is just a pipe dream. I notice that I always post my "to-do project list" but it always changes.
Happy Monday everyone!