KNITTERS-DELIGHT



11:01 AM

FO Alert....BWOF 07-2009-120A



It's been a while since I posted...well it is almost 2 weeks. That's a stretch for me. I have a few pieces in the works, but was slacking in general. This latest FO has me feeling back on track and I'm ready to plow through my UFOs....that's what I always say! lol. Yeah, right. lol.

This is my fourth FO from the 07-2009 issue of Burda. I actually have a fifth one that I want to change into a top and skirt, instead of the dress I have now, but that's for a different post....




Here's Burda's description:
Pretty prospects - Asymmetrical cuts are THE trend this summer. Add a bold colour and a comfortable fabric and you‘ll have a winning garment! Hem elastic lends this one a slight blouson shape. Burda sizes for this pattern run from 34 to 42. I made the 42.



I have a tendency to pick wild, vibrant and sometimes busy prints for my fabric. For this one, I opted for a teal colored knit with NO PRINT. I like the simplicity of this pattern and can imagine making this in a colorful print or even in a black and white fabric, too. This is a great top that can be dressed up with heels or made San Diego beachy-casual with white capri's and flip-flops. I purchased the jeans and shoes from a local store on Garnet, called Closet. The earrings and bag are both from Forever 21.

17 comments:

Amanda S. said...

This is really a cute top on you! I was afraid I was the only one who liked this design, but am glad to see quite a few sewn up.

Julia said...

You look great in everything. The color is great on you and the style, I think I said this before, but "OOOO La La"

sonoemi said...

A very nice top-perfect for a hot summer :-)!

Erica Bunker said...

That top is so cute!

gwensews said...

That top looks very nice on you. This top requires a little attitude!

Sheila said...

Lovely top and great color choice.

Hilary said...

FAB. I love your new blog design, too!

amanda said...

Looks great - I esp like the bag and shirt together!!

Opal said...

Don't hurt em girl.. that top is hot....

Sew-Ann said...

The green looks great with the wash of the jeans. My kinda thing.

robin said...

Very nice on you!! I've been thinking of trying an asymmetrical top but haven't yet. Go you on the BWOF sewing - you're getting your money's worth out of those magazines. Me, not so much - the tracing/adding seam allowances seems like too many steps to me before I can actually get started. Oh, and I've been attracted to solid colors lately too - believe it or not!!! It's easier to accessorize with different colored jewelry, etc.

WendyB said...

I LOVE one-shoulder tops. This is a great color on you too!

brandilion said...

I love it lady! It looks great on you and I like the new look on the blog.

Solids are where it's at baby!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I love love love the one shoulder look!

Anonymous said...

Well, it's fabulous in the solid. Excellant choice!

Paola said...

Very cute top! This colour is very suitable for summer.
I love your bag!!!

QueenSH said...

Loving the off the shoulder look..your bag is cute with it.