KNITTERS-DELIGHT



1:27 PM

BWOF - FO 07-2009-133, Pattern Fix, & Jewelry



I have finished my second Burda pattern! This is from the latest issue, July 2009. It is in the Plus Fashion section. I used the 133 pattern and made a hybrid of the version A & B. I used a mesh fabric that I purchased for a dollar at the FIDM store in LA early spring. The Plus sizes are for sizes 44-52. I cut the 44, but didn't add any material for the seam allowance. This gave me a great fit. I made my first version in a sheer floral fabric, but got part of the fabric caught under my serger, tearing a hole in the fabric. Not to be defeated, I cut new fabric, this time altering the pattern a bit more...instead of the v-neck back that is cut in 2 pieces, I used the front piece again for the back, just lowering the neckline a bit.


My sleeves came out too snug towards my hands, so I cut it a bit, used a black knit fabric I had left over to make cuffs. I followed this style with a black, thick border hem on the bottom, too.

This came out fantastic. It is very "work appropriate" for my company, stylish, and comfy combined. This one will be a repeat project for sure. With that being said, I am truly in love with this month's Burda issue. On the Burdaenglish forum on Yahoo, most people stressed that there wasn't much they wanted to make. I can't understand why. Everywhere else in the blog world, people of shouting this month's praises, just like me. Instead of just raving about this issue, I plan on really maximizing my subscription, by making as many items from this issue as possible. Tonight I plan on working on a tunic - either 120 or 128 and then tomorrow I will try the yoga pants. I am really thrilled! The Dolman sleeves really work with the style and fabric I choice.




After I finish my Burda marathon, I also plan on trying a Simplicity pattern that I misplaced and finally found. Remember Simplicity 4020 that I ended up down-sizing for my Sister because it was too short? Well, now that I found the pattern again, I have altered the pattern, adding in a full 8" to fit my taste and size. Here's a picture of my new TNT (hopefully) pattern.






In more news (especially since I've been a bad blogger lately) I have been taking a jewelry making class. I have made 2 pairs of earrings, a bracelet, and have stared a chunky necklace. I'm hoping to incorporate more jewels to some of my sewed and knitted pieces, so this will give me the skills to do it right. Here's the first pair of earrings I made, which are not the best (I'm aware of the silver and gold mismatch, lol), but great after only an hour of class instruction.

16 comments:

Ambitious Sewer said...

Both the blouse and jewelry look great!

Faye Lewis said...

Great Burda project!

Jada said...

That blouse looks good on you!Nice fabric print!

gwensews said...

I like those dolman sleeves!

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

Wow, the top is fantastic. I like the earring too. It's funny because I just took a ring making class yesterday. I've made jewelry in the past but didn't want to get too involved in it because I don't have the room or the time for one more craft!

Opal said...

Very pretty I love the sleeves...

sonoemi said...

A very nice top and nice colors. I love those sleeves.

robin said...

Great top! I also love this issue of BWOF and can't understand why a lot of people on that forum don't seem to like it. This has been my favorite one yet.

Hilary said...

Awesome! I love the knit-fabric cuffs and the dolman sleeves. And what cute earrings!

Angela said...

I love your top! It's very cute and love the changes you made. You're earrings look great, too. I haven't made jewelry in awhile and now I think I want to! :)

Andrea said...

You did a really nice on the Burda Blouse. I like the July issue.

I also like how your earrings turned out.

Sheila said...

Lovely top. I remember that blouse for your sister.. it was a great fit and the print was 2df.

Julia said...

That fabric is perfect for the top and for you!

~ Kimberlee B ~ said...

Very cute. You have such a pretty face!

Faye Lewis said...

I know that McCalls Maxi will look great on you...everything you make does!
FAYE

Cennetta said...

Another beautiful top. Lady, you are cranking them out like no body's business. The earrings are nice too.