KNITTERS-DELIGHT



3:20 PM

FO - New Look 6780


On Friday evening I went over to the Sicilian's house to watch movies and sew. We watched several movies, at a delicious pasta & peas dish, add a bit of vino, while I cranked out my latest FO.

I have been fairing well using the New Look patterns lately. My 2 tops using New Look 6807 and now this one. I am really, truly, and deeply in love with this pattern. This is my 3rd time adding elastic to the sleeves, which I now realize - helps my top to look ultra finished. This was the draw for the NL 6807 piece. I also like the roominess of this one, without looking sloppy. The bottom band is another nice touch to this one.



I have already worn in twice this weekend, including an amazing time with my roomie and her good friend Drew at the Del Mar Fair. We enjoyed the demolition derby....yup, I am a fan. lol. We will be back over the Independence day holiday for the Monster Trucks, too!


I have started Simplicity 2642 - the maxi dress. I have all the pieces cut out and have staystitched the bodice. Not a lot of work, I know, but considering I have wanted to make a maxi-dress for the longest, I appreciate this progress. One question, the pattern, which is made for a woven, has me add one pleat to the bodice, at the shoulder. Since I'm using a knit fabric, is this necessary? Please let me know, because it just isn't making sense in my brain, which is bizarre since my last project had pleats in it....

I leave you with a shot from the derby.....here's hoping my dress won't be the same "hot mess". lol



18 comments:

Sew-Ann said...

Those cars: scary!!
The top: Sweet!!

Team Knit said...

the top is gorgeous!! I can't believe you went to the truck/car thing- I bet it was fun!

-Julie

Julia said...

The colors in that top are wonderful!! You look so comfortable wearing it. What a wild ride with those cars!

Adrienne said...

LOVEEEEEE that fabric!

Gail said...

Love those bright colours on you. I am loving all the maxi dresses that are coming out of the northern summer. They flatter all.

gwensews said...

You look fabulous in that top! As for the pleat in the maxi dress, it is cut to have a pleat. I assume the pleat is on the front only, at the shoulder. If you don't put the pleat in, the front and back shoulder won't be the same length.

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

I love that fabric.

Jada said...

What a fantastic top!! That fabric just set it off!!

Hilary said...

Cute!! I love the fabric, and it's such a great shape! Good luck with the maxi dress -- I unfortunately have no advice about the pleat. But I'm sure it will be fabulous!

Auset's Stitched Treasures said...

Nice top. Great fit. I love the colours.
Angela

Sheila said...

The colors in your top are awesome!! I agree with gwensews about the pleat. Then if you are daring like me I would eliminate the pleat and be sure to adjust the front shoulder with the back, even if it means snipping front to be 1:1 ratio with the back. Hope that makes sense.

Angela said...

I did have a great time during vacation, thanks! It looks like you've been busy sewing away with all these tops! They look wonderful!

Sinéad said...

I love your top, the colours are fab. It's the kind of top you could wear almost anywhere!

Lynne said...

Great top...I can see why it would be a repeater! The pattern works perfectly with the print! AND it looks pretty amazing on you, too!

The Knitwit Hues said...

Wow! You're right that this pattern is beautiful and very adaptable, but what blows me away all the time is your choice of fabrics and colors. ABSOLUTELY STUNNING!!!

Couldn't remember about the shoulder pleat till Gwensews said! :P I'm sure she's right. I might've fudged and left it out and then struggled to make the front and back match up. !! As with all you make, I've no doubt it will be gorgeous, and I anxiously await the pics! :D

Woohoo at the Monster Trucks. LOL

Lesalicious said...

Like the top cute color/fabric. Great job

Trudy said...

The top is incredible. I love that fabric.

www.sewingwithtrudy.blogspot.com

~ Kimberlee B ~ said...

Looks like so much fun. You look adorable in your outfit!