KNITTERS-DELIGHT



8:28 AM

FO - Simplicity 4076



Yup - another FO....for a family member. lol. I had planned on making a top for myself, using some of my gorgeous $1 FIDM fabric from my LA trip. I cut the pieces and brought them to my sewing class. When I got to class, I discovered that my instructor had worked on the same pattern during the weekend. She advised me that it came out a bit short for her and she had to do a narrow hem. Well, I have a long waist to begin with, so I was a bit nervous. True to her word, it was coming out too short for me. My Sister is 2 or so inches shorter than me, with a a shorter waist than I. I serged the heck out of the sides and the shoulders and voila, a successful FO for HER! lol. That's what Sisters are for I guess. Here she is rockin' it in her cell phone "photo-shoot".




I could just beat my skinny Minnie, older Sister down....if it wasn't for the fact that she packs a really hard punch for such a little thing. lol. What can I say? Our older brother really taught her how to fight when he came back from the Army!

10 comments:

gwensews said...

Well, it's a cute top om your sister. Just remake a little longer one for yourself!

Julia said...

Beautiful, what a lucky sister!! I agree with Gwen just make another one for yourself, but make it longer. Do you have more of that gorgeous fabric?

Lesalicious said...

Very cute love that top you did great. :)

Sew-Ann said...

Well it's looking good on her.

Hilary said...

Lucky sister! That is one cute top and it does look great on her. I hope you have some fabric left over to make one for you!

ekgheiy said...

Yes yes - lucky gal! Nice work, as always.

Sheila said...

Lovely Top and it looks great on your sister.

Andrea said...

It looks just great on your sister. Nice job!! I know she's happy.

Cennetta said...

You are funny. Great save and your sister is the lucky one to receive a super cute top.

jessica said...

Came out really nicely!