KNITTERS-DELIGHT



3:40 PM

FO - BWOF 07-2009-128 Business-Wear Tunic



I have finished my second BWOF pattern from this month's issue. I made the Business-Wear Tunic from the Take 1, Make 4 section. I made the size 46. I
Were the instructions easy to follow? For the most part. I used a silk fabric that I had purchased on my last LA trip to the Fashion District.



This was my first attempt at using elastic thread in my bobbin instead of adding the elastic and elastic casings like the directions called for. I am really happy with the result - especially with this being my first attempt. I wore this to work today and my Boss was surprised that I made it because of the subtle details. She said that she was impressed with how my skills have improved...I wonder what that means for the OTHER items I've been wearing to work. lol.

Tonight I'm cutting out the dress that appears on the cover of Burda's issue this month. I traced the pattern the other day and even purchased the fabric. Hopefully this will fly off my needles so I'll have this to wear on the weekend.

15 comments:

Erica Bunker said...

Cute top!

Opal said...

Very pretty and I love the fabric....

marisa said...

Beautiful job! It looks fantastic.

Linda L said...

Great looking tunic top. What a lovely fabric!

Amanda S. said...

Very cute blouse! I've been wanting to try that elastic-in-the-bobbin technique. Glad you got such good results with it.

Team Knit said...

gorgeous!! the fabric is a great choice, and it looks so pretty on you!!

- Julie

Jada said...

What great job! That color looks good on you.

Andrea said...

You did a lovely job on that blouse and it looks great on you. You are having a lot of fun with that July issue. I haven't even started yet.

Omega said...

Cute top, nice fabric & color.

gwensews said...

Very nice blouse--so feminine. Looks pretty on you.

Sheila said...

Lovely top.

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

This is a very cute top!

Lisa H. said...

This top is so pretty. I like neckline styling.

~ Kimberlee B ~ said...

Very flattering!

Cennetta said...

Congratulations on the elastic thread application. The top is beautiful. And the fabric is calming and floaty. Pretty.