KNITTERS-DELIGHT



5:44 PM

FO - Simplicity 3775



Here is a quick FO that I started during my sewing class yesterday evening and finished up at the house while watching HBO. My original intent was to have the gathered midriff, but I lazily ruched the sides only and forgot to gather the center. I still like how it turned out, especially the fabric choice (a find from Joann's a few months back), which is showing up blurry by pic but is simply different sized dots with a few lines of blocks (pic of fabric below). Since this is an iPhone pic, I'll try to update using my camera once I recharge it to show a better pic. Even though this is my second version of this dress (remember my San Diego "photo-shoot"?) Below is how I wore it to work today. My boss said that she really liked the material and color choice. The fact that it's a knit material that won't wrinkle is a big bonus for going to trade shows with her throughout the year. I know I'll be making a few more of these, so more to come.....



Tonight I'm planning on making a couple pairs of simple pull-on pants for work, in a little bit thicker material since San Diego is getting a bit chillier than usual (I know, a girl from the cold country on the East Coast finds San Diego cold....anywho). More FOs tomorrow (I hope).

16 comments:

Faye Lewis said...

Wonderful fit, I really like that. What pattern is it?

Omega said...

Cute dress, you look like a model.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful dress. Love the print! Where did you pick it up?

ekgheiy said...

Nice work! It looks cute with the sweater too :)

Sheila said...

What a great dress! I used the same fabric for a dress, but cut it vertically.

Hilary said...

Seriously, you are on FIRE!! How many fabulous pieces have you sewn in the past couple of months? Dozens?! And they're all great! Your friends and family are also very lucky to have you sewing for them!

Gail said...

How fun... I wish I knew how to sew. I have promises of a sewing machine this year though. The dress is lovely.

Clumsy Knitter said...

I am so impressed with all your cute clothes! I totally want to learn how to sew now. :)

Also, thanks for saying you think it's cold here. I'm from Minneapolis and I have been FREEZING here! At least now I know I'm not crazy. ;-)

Lesalicious said...

Iam totally loving that fabric wow. You did a great job on that dress. OMG love it.:)

Anonymous said...

Great job with the dress and all of the recent FOs! You are doing fabulous with your new wardrobe!

Cennetta said...

Love that dress, Girl!

Delana said...

That looks great on you! I might have to make one of those for myself.

Lisa said...

Great job! Love that print and the dress is very flattering on you : )

Ambitious Sewer said...

Wow!!! You have accomplished so much in such little time...I am really amazed!!! Keep up the good work! and the dress is beautiful.

Lara said...

I love the dress! Is is really flattering. I am jealous that you can sew. I so can't!

RobinH said...

What they said! This looks great!

And temperature is relative...it's all in what you're used to. Spend a couple of months back in New England and you'd soon be finding San Diego warm again.