KNITTERS-DELIGHT



6:39 AM

Final '08 FO & 1st '09 FO - B5035

Started & Completed 12/31/08



Started & Completed 1/1/09


HAPPY NEW YEAR! 2008 brought a lot of changes, from Obama to the recession, we were in for a roller coaster ride. Here's to a healthy, peaceful, and prosperous 2009.

So I have 2 more FOs that I haven't shown, which at this point will probably not happen, so I'll just show case my latest FOs. My roomie is recovering from pneumonia and liked my top (I wore it on New Year's day), so I made her one while we catch up on Lost episodes...we're two Season's behind and our DVR is filling up fast with the latest season!

Pattern Review:

Pattern Description: Tunic A has dropped open shoulders and angled shape lower edge, raw edge finish. Tunics B, C have semi-fitted, bust darts, angled shape lower edge. B: bias tape armholes and back neck edge, faced front neckline. C: bias tape neck and armholes, sash with narrow hem finish. Both FOs are Tunic A.

Pattern Sizing: Lg to X-lg. I made the large for both.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes.

Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes. The pattern is so simple that the instructions aren't really needed. There are only three seams to sew and voila - a tunic top.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? The only part of this project that is less-enjoyable is the fabric cutting. The pattern is one large piece, so even with my monstrous sized cutting mat, I needed to add a second mat on the floor to cut it all out.

Fabric Used: For my project, I used fabric from Gorgeous Fabric called "Wild at Heart". I used about 1 1/4 yards of this poly/Lycra blend. For my roomie's tunic, I used stash fabric from Joann Fabrics. it's a Jersey Knit fabric. I'm not sure how much, except that I cut into the CENTER of her fabric instead of the edge. Sorry Brandilion!

Pattern Alterations or any design changes you made: Instead of leaving the sleeves partially open (slits), I sewed the sleeves closed.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? I have made 2 now and think it's a nice quickie go-to pattern if you can get beyond the acrobatics of cutting out the fabric.

Conclusion: A really nice project to end out the year - and to start off the new one!

8 comments:

Amanda S. said...

Very cute top! I love the zebra print. I think I might need to make this now.

Andrea said...

Wow, you're killing me. You've been throwing these projects out like nothing. Awesome!!!! I love the zebra print, and you are wearing it girl!!LOL!!

Jackie said...

I love the zebra print top! Looks good!

Adrienne said...

Very cute!

Monique said...

Ooohh that's cute (black and white). I've got an asymmetrical little number that's very similiar that I love. Didn't make it though. Kudos to you! Happy New Year!

Omega said...

I love your top, looks cute on you!

Sheila said...

Great tops Happy New Year.

Lesalicious said...

WOW you totally been busy love those tops great job.:) Happy New Year:)