KNITTERS-DELIGHT



6:33 AM

A Regular KIP Gal




I have really been enjoying my KIP streak these days. While I’ve known her for a year and a half now, Brandi has become my go to girl for knitting in San Diego. Last night we went to Lotus Thai in Hillcrest and enjoyed a multitude of Thai delectables, wine, knitting, and chatting. This was actually part of a Ravelry group that Brandi is on. Even though I’m not part of that group, I’m always up for good food and company! Could it get any better than on a Thursday night?

Here’s what our mouth’s watered to:

  • Thai Wonton Soup
  • Chicken Satay
  • Crying Tiger Steak (Charcoal-broiled marinated top sirloin steak, lightly seasoned, served with greens and a spicy Thai steak sauce.)
  • Roasted Duck Panang Curry (Whole half roasted duck glazed with honey and five spices, stewed in a classic panang curry sauce with fresh sweet peppers, roasted cashew nuts, and a spice aroma of kaffir lime leaves.)


  • Yesterday, I also received yarny goodness I have also received yarn for new knitting projects:

  • Rowan 4-ply cotton in black for my second rendition of Orangina
  • Ella Rae Shibu silk in blue haze for my third rendition of the Ella Rae Shrug (FO of my first one today or tomorrow)
  • Southwest Trading Company Bamboo in Butter – this is actual a recycle from my Ms. Marigold, that is now too big. I will use it to make the Lotus


  • Other knitting goodness that is still on route:

  • Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran – to finish my mother’s shrug
  • Comfy in Pomegranate for the Cable Aran Vest
  • Shine in Mallard for a project that I can no longer remember what I wanted it for…I got a total of 600 yards and it is 4.5-5 sts per inch (I’ll take suggestions…)
  • 2-at-a-time Socks by Melissa Morgan-Oake (There’s at least 4 pairs that I like and am hoping this helps me with knitting more socks)
  • 5 comments:

    brandilion said...

    It was a lot of fun and damnit I looked good :D

    Don't forget we now have another KAL on our list.

    Kessa said...

    Yum, I LOVE Thai food...your menu sounds delish! Great list of yarns you're getting; can't wait to see what you do with them.

    Virtuous said...

    Ooh fun! Keep on KIPing Susan! :o)
    Great menu too!

    Hey wat is your friend knitting on? Guess I will check out her blog too!

    A good problem to have - knits not fitting anymore, but hate I put all that time into them though! ;op

    Yep I have that book @ 2-1 time socks and hopefully I will start cranking on some for real this time. Even though I have another method I like better than what the book suggests.

    Happy Weekend!

    QueenDBW said...

    Mmmmmmmm Thai! You've got me craving Thai after midnite...NOT good....

    Oh, and kudos to your for KIP!!!

    WandaWoman said...

    I have the best time hanging out with knitting friends. And if I miss a couple of weeks in a row, I'm very anxious to get bac.