I've been tagged by Canary KnitsSeven Random Facts. In non-rebel fashion, I will comply....
Here's the rules:
1. I started going to Africa when I was 13 years old. I went every year until my mid-twenties and went the last time - around 3 or 4 years ago. My Mother has an orphanage in Malawi SE Africa, a soup kitchen for runaway street kids in Kenya, and works in leprosy colonies in northern Africa, as well as India. I have grown up volunteering for her non-profit organization or working under a government grant on/off for years.
2. While I am the baby of the family, I often take on the matriarchal role - from settling disputes between my parents to offering child rearing advise to my siblings...meanwhile I have never been married and only have 4-legged children.
3. I am very argumentative...and have been finding this out more lately with Mr.New Guy.
4. I play the violin, although it has been at the ex's house for almost 9 months now. I use to play for the Church choir and want to start back up again, but am nervous that I have lost my skills.
5. Things have been stressing me out at work lately, but I'm trying to keep my head up.
6. I am left handed as are all of the females in my immediate family, but knit using a continental/right-handed combination.
7. I'm really working on branching out with my knitting skills, including seaming and color work.
In a non-conformist way, I will not tag anyone this time around and just offer anyone interested in sharing to join in on the fun, it's therapeutic....lol.
P.S. There's a pic of me and one of Brandi in the park from our KIP excursion on Sunday. Aren't we enjoying the San Diego sun!