KNITTERS-DELIGHT



5:55 PM

Ella Rae Fusion FO & Happy Birthday



Happy Birthday to my new guy! He is the big 4-0!

In knitterly knews, I have re-finished my shrug. I really like the organic feel of the raw silk and the redone neckline with the additional picked up stitches. Here are some pics taking my Ella Rae Shrug out to Pacific Beach.

Details:

Ella Rae Shrug from Ella Rae Book #7
Size - Medium
Yarn - Ella Rae Shibu
Needles - Knit Pick Options size 5, Clover Bamboo size 6
Modifications - I went down two needle sizes to achieve a snugger medium and knit the sleeves a little bit longer than the 10 cms called for in the pattern. I did a 3-needle bind of for the back seam.

I think this piece will get a lot of use. Even though I'm in sunny San Diego, the ocean can give off a strong breeze. Who wants to cover up an entire outfit? Fusion is the perfect balance.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cute!

Anne said...

The shrug is wonderful! And I'm feeling so jealous of your day at the beach. Enjoy that gorgeous California weather!

Virtuous said...

You are looking FABULOUS Darling!!!

Shannon said...

Wow - I love it!

QueenDBW said...

Too cute!! I love the shrug and I envy your early May, beachy weather.

Teresa said...

It looks great! I'm glad it worked out in the end :)

Anonymous said...

Fusion is adorable! I think it's the perfect warm climate cover-up. You look great in it.

jillian said...

It's perfect on you! You are really working it :) Love the necklace too!

The Dollars said...

That turned out really cute! Congrats!

darlene mcleod said...

Sweet shrug! I'm such a shrug fan/addict. Lovely job, and I think you are absolutely right: you'll get lots of use out of it.

Hilary said...

Hey, thanks for your comment on my Clapotis!

I absolutely love this shrug of yours and it looks great on you. I bet the color will go well with a variety of different outfits, too -- what a perfect knit!

Robin said...

Happy Birthday to the new guy! Love the shrug, and you are looking great as usual!