KNITTERS-DELIGHT



10:38 AM

A Thin Line Between Sew & Hate


I have completed the ETAC challenge and will try to post pictures. Unfortunately my friend's camera wasn't working too well and I didn't bring mine, so I have to reshoot all of the items I made. That aside, sewing as not been my friend these days. I seem to have sewer's block or something. Very little is working out and I am not motivated to finish projects that I start. At least I was able to whip up a quick dress using Pattern Runway's Kimono Dress for Latrice's birthday dinner. She was making the same dress so I decided for us to be pattern twins. (Yes, I am a dork, but proud of it).

I just purchased some new notions, a fabulous fit system to add to my next mannequin, and some new Vogue patterns during their recent sale. I even managed to get in a few of the new patterns, although there wasn't too many that I felt I really HAD to buy. Hopefully my sewing slump will come to an end....

Edited to add: The fabric was purchased at the National City Swap Meet for $2.00/yard. Score!

9 comments:

velosews said...

These a great dresses. It doesn't look like a sewing slump to me.

Hilary said...

I think it's totally natural for that to happen from time to time. I go through the same thing with knitting! But your slump doesn't seem to be too bad...that dress is fantastic! The fabric choice is really cool...I actually thought you'd sewn together different strips, ha! Great job.

marysews said...

I am also in a sewing slump, so we could be twins, too!

Dixie said...

This dress looks great! I love the fabric.
Sorry to hear of your slump. It happens, and it will pass. You'll get your mojo back real soon, I just know it!

Beth (SunnyGal Studio) said...

wow I love that fabric, you look fantastic, where did you find it?

Sheila said...

Gorgeous dress.

Yarny Days said...

Beautiful! As always!

Handmade for one year said...

What a fantastic dress!

elns said...

Such a beautiful dress! Glad to see you posting. Best wishes through the transitions.