KNITTERS-DELIGHT



2:55 PM

Happy New Year! What I Wore and New FO...a Knit


I am so sorry for the long pause in blogging. This community has meant so much to me that when I step away, I feel like I'm actually betraying a friend. With that being said, I have been going through a major change in my life....my boss of 6 1/2 years sold the company that I worked for right before Thanksgiving. There has been a lot of transition with that change, mostly good, but still change none-the-less.  With this major adjustment, I just didn't have it in me to blog. There are several items from 2012 that I never even managed to photograph, including the fabulous Tasia's Cordova Jacket. I'm actually almost finished my SECOND version and have blogged about zero of it! Major fail [sigh].

Well on a positive note, I have had some knitting mojo of old return. I managed to complete (blocking include) a cute hooded cardi for my little one after seeing Hilary's gorgeous "grandpa" version. This was a quick knit that I mostly did during my Saturday knitting meet-up at Panera Bread on Balboa.


I have also started Miette for myself. A cute cropped cardigan on Ravelry. It's a free pattern and will use up my remaining Cascade Rustic yarn that I used on Nilah's cardi.

As to not forget my past projects, I took pictures of what I wore yesterday to work. The Tomato top was knit in December 2007/January 2008 and the Butterick 4995 Side Button Pants were sewn up December 2009. It was a perfect, easy outfit to wear for a casual work meeting with the new Sales & Marketing Director. Go me!




That's it for now. In other news, I am working out with a trainer as I prepare for a half-marathon and the Tough Mudder mud run. I have a ways to go, but am starting off with a bang. I am also going natural hair wise (meaning I will not chemically relax/straighten my hair anymore). I am 7-months post relaxer and will transition for another 17 months before chopping off the relaxed ends. I may start documenting that process also, but have not decided yet. Either way, please stay tuned.....



13 comments:

Victoria said...

Oh you've got lots going on. Glad things are going well. Your little girl is so BIG---such a cutie like her Mom! Can't wait to see some of your recently sewn items. Also, congrats on all of your fitness goals. I think you already look phenomenal!!!!

Faye Lewis said...

So nice to hear from you. I can't believe your baby has gotten so big!

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

Well you're forgiven for going away since you started the post with a picture of your beautiful little cutie!! Hope everything is settling down and you will have a new normal soon.

Myra said...

Wow, you little one has gotten so big and absolutely adorable! (She gets that from her mom I bet!). I love all of the projects shown here! The fit if all three pieces are perfect...down to your little one! Good luck on your marathon (and training!)

Lori said...

What a cute picture to start your post. Sounds like you have had lots going on. Congratson the new job, cute outfit, darling sweater and good luck on your training.

Jenny said...

It's good to hear from you. Believe it or not, I had been wondering where you've been! Even though you haven't been blogging, it sounds like you've still been busy sewing and such, so good job! And your daughter is adorable! And kudos for going natural on your hair:)

velosews said...

Congratulations on your new job. Great to see that your knitting mojo has kept your going.
Your little girl looks adorable.
All the best with your half marathon. That's going to be epic.

Anonymous said...

It's good to see you back! I love reading your blog and keeping up with your sewing and knitting projects. Your little one is absolutely adorable and so is the sweater. I wish you well on the training.
Belinda

Beth (SunnyGal Studio) said...

I understand what you mean about life taking over leaving no energy for blogging. Glad to see you back and your knitting is fantastic. Good luck with the running, sounds tough to me.

Auset's Stitched Treasures said...

Welcome back. You've been missed.

Hilary said...

Ok, first of all, look how big Nilah has gotten!! OMG. She's such a gorgeous little girl! And seriously, how do they grow up so fast?!
Also...isn't the Latte Baby Coat a fun pattern? I LOVE how yours turned out...it looks awesome in that yarn. And it looks like Nilah likes hers more than Daniel likes his...(don't you love when they get opinions about things??). Anyway, I'm happy to have inspired you to make it. :)
I also completely understand about life getting in the way of blogging. But it's certainly nice to see you here when you have the chance to do it!

meli88a said...

Look at your little munchkin! She's adorable.

It sounds like you've got a lot going on, it's really something that you've found time to get some running in (a half marathon is serious stuff!) and some challenging sewing projects to boot.

Monica D said...

She is a mini you...too cute!