KNITTERS-DELIGHT



1:00 AM

McCall's 6559 - version six


I promise I'll stop counting these maxi dresses, after I make version number ten. I just love the ease of this pattern, so I won't stop making them. LOL.

I bought this material with a girlfriend of mine at one of our trips to the National City Swap Meet. This bad boy cost me all of $4.00 including the additional cost of the fold-over-elastic (FOE) I used at the neckline and armhole edges.

A few of you have already commented, but yes I have been losing weight. I am exactly ONE POUND AWAY from my pre-pregnancy weight. Many family members and friends have suggested that I look even smaller than that, but it is probably due to the fact that my current weight loss regimen included EXERCISE in addition to food restriction. Shocking, I know. LOL. Let's see - Jenny Craig and smoothies for food and an extensive workout plan: During the workweek I will either walk with my co-worker wearing a 20-pound weighted vest for 1/2 hour or go to Curves and do the circuit for 30 minutes. In addition to this four-day program, I make it to 24-hour fitness twice a week for 1-1/2 hour class workouts. Nilah just turned 19 months old a few days ago, so it took longer than my goal of 1 year, but has been very successful either way. Slow and steady wins the race after all, right?

Stay tuned as I start working on my bombshell dress for my 20th year high school reunion that takes place early August. Now that I'm down to the size I want, I have to get to it and fast.

20 comments:

Threadie said...

This dress is really great on you ! I'm looking forward to see your bombshell dress !

Mariela Alethia said...

Your weight loss of very evident, not only have you lost weight but you did it in a very healthy way. This way you can keep the weight off for the rest of your life. Job well done and oh pleae make more maxi dressess.

mle said...

Girl you look great! I'm so impressed with your regimen, good job!

Lori said...

Another fantastic dress, you look great.

HeathersSphere said...

Wow! You look fabulous!

Opal said...

Another great maxi dress. I say you can't have too many of them and it looks good on you.

Miriana said...

You look superb. And the dress is excellent.

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

All of your versions have been beautiful and I've pulled my pattern and a bunch of knits to make a few of my own! Thanks for the inspiration!

Tricia said...

Great dress, I'm really loving these maxis. I need to make a stripe one too!!

Tricia said...

Great dress, I'm really loving these maxis. I need to make a stripe one too!!

Victoria said...

You look smoking hot Lady! Congrats on your weight goals. And heck, I love this version of your tank dress and all the others you've sewn. I've only sewn 2 and need to catch up with you (smile)!

Robyn said...

Love this version - you look fantastic.

velosews said...

You already look smoking hot.

Sue said...

You are looking fabulous - congratulations on the weight loss and well done to find the time and energy to exercise with a young child!

Anonymous said...

This is so CUTE!!!

SewTell said...

You know I got jokes, but seriously you look great.

Myra said...

Wow, we're going to have to name you "Maxi Queen" because you are rocking' these gorgeous dresses! You looking amazing and congratulations on your weight loss!

Amy said...

this is a fun one. I loved the Missoni-ish version too. I didn't make it to my 20th reunion but I had fun planning all the possible dresses I would wear. A bombshell would be perfect!

Lynneb said...

Susan, congrats on the weight loss. you really do look incredible...Well done! Maxi is adorable in all of its stripiness!

Virginia's Daughter said...

All of your dresses are so cute but I think this one is my fave! Nice work!