KNITTERS-DELIGHT



2:12 PM

McCall's 6559 - version five....not a maxi. LOL



Here is my fifth, but not my final version of this dress. Here is a shorter cut using the same maxi pattern. It is cute and comfy and only cost me $1.50 worth of fabric from the National City Swap meet.



Sorry I have been absent lately, but my parents came to visit for two weeks. I managed to make my Mother a skirt and dress but will need to see if she manages to snap some pics for me so I can post them.



I have also been taking a pattern making class that has been outstanding. I hope the same instructor will be available in the evenings this fall for the 17-week course. We shall see.

I do have some projects in the works, but probably nothing to share anytime soon, unless I post progress pics. My 20-year high school reunion is the first weekend in August and I want to make the bombshell dress from Gerti's Craftsy course. I heard it's a bear to make, but worth it, so I am giving myself a month to make it without any other projects, besides one more maxi dress (I know, I am hooked).

Stay tuned.

7 comments:

Sassy said...

Cute.

Myra said...

I really like this one too! It looks great in a short version as well! That's a beautiful family photo!! Three generations!

Anonymous said...

Love that fabric! What a great dress.

The picture of your family is really sweet. I hope you had a good time with them.

Andrea said...

I don't think you can have too many of these dresses. They are perfect for this summer heat and make you look good. Great job.

Monica D said...

Love your fabric selection. Lovely picture and the little lady is growing :)

velosews said...

You are the perfect maxi dress wearer.

Anne H said...

Great photos ! Personally, I'm really impressed! You look amazing!