KNITTERS-DELIGHT



10:25 PM

FO - McCall's 6559 version 4 and New Look 6040


There isn't too much to say about this dress, since it is my fourth version of this pattern... except I am still in love with every one. Each version still feels unique and lets the fabric do the talking. It is really a nice pattern for busy fabrics which I gravitate towards. LOL. For this version, I sewed a size 10 and added fold-over elastic to the neckline and armholes. It is a perfect fit and the neckline detail gives it a nice finished touch.

In addition to this dress, I also made New Look 6040 for my little one. I have to say that I am not a fan of sewing tiny patterns. It was so stressful and I hated every minute. I'm just glad it came out in the end. I made the smallest size, added lining, lowered the neckline, added lace to the neckline, and sewed on butterflies.

15 comments:

Sassy said...

I love a busy pattern and your fabric is absolutely up my street. I have this pattern on my wishlist. Your little girl looks so cute.

velosews said...

Your little one looks lovely and I do understand your frustration about sewing little pieces. Your dress is great too.

Mariela Alethia said...

The dress looks great and the fabric was perfect

Audrey said...

You are right about that dress looking different, and gorgeous IMO, everytime you make it. Love the fabric you used for this one. I also enjoyed see your MMM outfits. You have sewed some great pieces.

Myra said...

I love this version too!! I must admit...I've heard so much about this fold over elastic and never used it. I love what you've done with it here. I need to find out where to get some and give it a try too! You daughter is absolutely adorable!! Just want to give her a big hug and kiss!! I'm with you...it's a lot tougher working on little ones clothing and I'm not a fan either. Used to do it all the time when my kids were little. Great dresses!

emma said...

The dress and you look fab! Could i just ask you if you sewed on the foldover elastic before or after the side seams were constructed. I want to try this but never used it before. thanks

Monica D said...

Nice dress and fabric...what a little cutie modeling her dress!

Angie said...

When using foe, do you stretch it at the neck and armpits or just use it like you would bias tape?

Susan said...

For FOE - you do stretch it a little as you sew, otherwise the neck/armscye will be stretched out. I plan on adding some FOE to an existing Maxi dress and will take some pictures or a video to demonstrate. Hope that will help. You can buy it online or try a local swap meet.

mle said...

Girl, I love your new maxi dress! the print is so fun!
Your little one is just too cute!!!

Sara said...

I just finished my first McCalls 6559 this morning. I was wondering about FOE and you have tried it for me. haha! Love your fourth version. Here's mine: http://theprettypickle.blogspot.com/2012/06/pattern-pact-and-mccalls-6559.html

Lynneb said...

that fabric is amazing. what a perfect choice!

Hilary said...

It may not have been fun, but that little dress for your little one is insanely cute! Your dress is pretty awesome, too!

Yarny Days said...

Oh, your girl is so cute! She is adorable.

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

Your daughter is absolutely adorable! Love her new dress and I know what you mean about small pieces ~ I didn't sew for my DD until they were 6/7 because of that!