KNITTERS-DELIGHT



3:15 PM

FO - 1103 Minoru Jacket


This past month I have been sewing along with Tasia and a group of other talented people. While the jacket reveal was posted last Thursday, I am now getting around to posting my version. I finished my jacket on Tuesday and have already worn it several times! San Diego weather has even called for it with rain and wind. Score!!!


This was the first time I lined a jacket before! Tasia's sewalong made it a breeze. Seriously, it was a fabulous hand holding experience. This was really great for me. I can't express how proud I am for completing this jacket and fairly close to the timeline to boot.


The body of the jacket is fully lined. I also opted to add a lining to the inside of my hood. The inside pockets are extremely practical and fits my iPhone in one and keys in the other while grocery shopping without a cart (ask me how I know...). I added side seam pockets as well. The jacket is slim fitting including narrow sleeves and an elastic waist. The only other change I made in addition to the hood lining and side seam pockets was that I made pleats in my coat instead of gathers. This was more out of necessity, since my fabric wouldn't gather properly.


That's it. I am proud to have this project completed and am ready to even cut out a second version. Now that I have worked out the kinks, I have a feeling I could accomplish version two in a snap....uh oh - fabric shopping time.....

18 comments:

Christina said...

what a fun lining! it looks great!

Lori said...

Great looking jacket, I have been admiring this pattern. Might have to add it to my collection.

Dilliander said...

This looks beautifully made and the fabric combos are lovely

Carol said...

It is very cute!! I love PINK!! Congrats on your first successful lined project!

Sassy said...

I love this and the colour is Oh so cute.

Melizza Makes said...

Looks great in pink! Love the shoes too.

Anonymous said...

So CUTE!!!

Amanda S. said...

SO cute! Love it!!!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Another finished Minoru. Congratulations!

I love your version, it looks great! I was excited too that the inside pockets allow for shopping without a purse. I just throw in a phone, license, credit card, and some keys and I'm done! No annoying purse :)

Oh, and I love the shoes you chose to wear for this photo shoot :)

velosews said...

What a yummy colour. The lining is a great choice. I'm so pleased you've made your fabulous pink Minoru:)

Janine said...

I seen a couple of other minorus and they are all great but I LOVE the colour of this one .IT LOoks really lovely. congrats.

Lynneb said...

It's really cute...I love the color!

L said...

Hi Susan,

I love your style and enjoy reading your blog. As such, I've nominated you for the Leibster Award. I look forward to reading more from you!

Lynn

Amy said...

I love this! That's a wonderful color. I can't wait to try out the pattern--I bought it right away--but still haven't found "my" fabric for it yet.

Lynneb said...

Susan, I gave you a mention on my blog for one of those silly awards....really just to share some of my favorite people to read. Thanks for the inspiration!

Robyn said...

Great jacket - love the fun colour and lining.

Anonymous said...

It really suits your figure. Also beautiful choice of colour for you.
Mary in Thailand

Lyric said...

Yessssss! Sew glad I visit via link from Noile's site. Good job, Ms. Susan.

I see form your blog title you knit. I am thinking I must knit a cardigan to go along with my vintagey wardrobe. Will you please point me to an easey peasey pattern that I may make as a first project and be proud? I checked Ravelry and just did not find anything appropriate (or that I liked).

Thank you in advance for any direction you may give.

Cheers,

Lyric
https://www.sewlyricallyvintage.wordpress.com