KNITTERS-DELIGHT



7:24 PM

Happy Resurrection Sunday! FO Renfrew Tee


So while things have been quiet here, I have been working. I am going to a sock knitting group in PB on Tuesdays and am still taking my advanced knits sewing class on Wednesdays. I spent the first half of the semester making alterations to my Renfrew pattern. I did a 1/2" wide back adjustment and a 5" Y-bust adjustment. When I originally traced the pattern, I traced a 10, but after getting back from the cruise got nervous that my little bit of weight gain would have it too tight. So I traced the 12 and added the needed adjustments (mentioned above). Well, in the end, the top is a bit loose. I have actually lost 9 lbs in the last two weeks, so I could have kept the 10. Not to worry, I saved that traced piece, so I will finish the 4" y-bust adjustment and cut out my white version in the next few days. I think that will be a perfect fit.


Either way, I still love the outcome. It is comfy while still being stylish. I put it on after Church, pairing it with my Vogue8774 jeans that I made late last year and took a stroll around my neighborhood. I have had a lot of success with Sewaholic patterns to date. So far I have made her Pendrell blouse and the Minoru jacket. There will be more of both of these and I have at least two more renfrew's planned. Perfect timing for Me-Made-May 12 with Sew Zo.


11 comments:

Ambitious Sewer said...

The shirt looks really comfortable and nice.

HeathersSphere said...

You look sensational, Susan! Cool looking top!

Candice said...

You look great Susan! I am going to have to put this top on my list now for sure..

Sassy T said...

Have this on my wish list too. Looks great.

Lori said...

Very pretty top, that pattern has many cute shirts from it.

Carol Mami! said...

Great top. I want to make it now. =)

Trice said...

I am super jealous that you finished this. Looks cute

Lynneb said...

cute! Now I have to google "Y bust adjustment!"

velosewer said...

You do look cool Susan.

Amy said...

I really like Sewaholic patterns, too. They come together really well. This is a cute tee... Even though it came out bigger than you like, it's always nice having a mix of loose and more fitted tees.

Yarny Days said...

So cute! You look great.