KNITTERS-DELIGHT



4:14 PM

FO - Vogue 8790


So I have only a few days before my cruise, but I'm still managing to get some last minute sewing in, instead of getting organized....lol. Since I already laid out my clothes once, I don't feel too bad, but this last top isn't even for my cruise. It was to wear to my sewing class. I like wearing something newly made, so that means at least 18 new items for the semester. lol

Back to this top - it is from Vogees new patterns. It is a close fitting, mock wrap top. I used stash fabric (yay me) and made this one up over two evenings. It's a very easy top, but I got a little bit confused on the collar. I also thought I'd use clear elastic in the back instead of gathers, but didn't like it and had to go back, remove elastic, and make the original gathers.


Overall, I am very happy with this top. The knit fabric is a bit thicker, which I like and the fabric pattern is great for a quick business casual look for the office. My only negative thoughts are that the fabric does hide some of the rouching details of the pattern, but it still shows subtly which makes me happy. I cut a size 12 and sewed it up with a scant 5/8" seam allowance (maybe a little less than 5/8", but close to it).

That's it - I'm off to my sewing class where I'll make my Y bust adjustment for the Renfrew top. When I get home, I hope I will have enough energy to catch up on my Minoru, since I'm so close to completing it now. It would be great to take with me on my trip. We will see....

10 comments:

SEWN said...

You are one seriously inspiring sewist. I just marvel at all you are able to accomplish. I wish I had a 1/4 of your energy. Your top looks super cute.

Amanda S. said...

Very nice! I did not like this pattern at all on the website, but yours looks a lot different. It's shorter for one and more filled out with your curves. Very flattering! I think you should make some more!

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

The top is cute but seriously can I tell you that you look great. May I ask? Have you lost all of the baby weight cause it looks like you've lost it and then some. Okay that was a really awkward way to say you look fantastic!

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

Great looking top and you are looking particularly svelte. Way to go.

Sassy T said...

Jeez you need a house for your wardrobe alone.

Cennetta said...

Great top. Okay another pattern to add to my list.

Julie said...

that top is definitely gorgeous!! Have fun on your cruise!

Michelle B said...

I love that top! It looks great on you! Need to add that pattern to my list!

Susan said...

Thanks, but I have 20 more pounds to go to get to my pre-pregnancy weight.

Amy said...

Wow, this definitely looks different and way better than the envelope pics--very flattering on you. I love the 3/4 length sleeves. Hope you had a wonderful cruise!