KNITTERS-DELIGHT



4:23 PM

My Croquis




So I have a croquis! Latrice and I took advantage of our sewing class agenda to take pictures of each other in tight fitting clothing. Since we were being measured in gingham muslin to pick out t-shirt sizes for our patterns, it was a good opportunity to take pictures of each other to create a croquis. Latrice used her webdesign skills to whip up mine and hers quickly. I think this will be very helpful when picking pattern and fabric pairings. Also, to avoid making things that will be less than flattering on my body type.

As suspected, I am clearly an oval faced inverted triangle. No denying my large upper body in comparison to my non-existent bottom half. Where are you hourglass shape? Hiding of course. LOL.

Wednesday's sewing class is an advanced knits sewing class. Even though I am clearly comfortable sewing knits, there are a lot of tricks that I'd like to have up my sleeve....currently I do not. lol. One of the things I am looking forward to learning is rotating bust darts as well as better neckline treatments. I am very excited about this class.

6 comments:

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

That is a great croquis and upon first seeing it I'd say it is a perfect match. I would love to know how to make one.

Faye Lewis said...

I'm interested in the croquis also. I'd love to see what you do with it when matching up fabrics.

velosews said...

I look forward to hearing how the advanced knit class is for you.

L said...

I've been wanting to do this for a LONG time. Thanks for sharing your croquis. Maybe I'll finally take time to do it.

Julie said...

that is so cool! Knowing the details of your body type always helps to make great fitting garments, but it sounds like you already had a firm grasp of what works on your body, and you sew such beautiful clothing!

Hilary said...

Whoa! That is incredibly cool. I so want to do this now, for sketching sweaters! Thanks for the inspiration. :)