KNITTERS-DELIGHT



9:25 AM

FO - Vogue 8742 Round Two


I have completed my second version of the Vogue 8742 side-ruched dress. This dress is not a double-duty piece. LOL. This is strictly after-work, cruise wear. I used left-overs from my two Mission Maxi dresses. I think it is very slimming.....although I have come to realize that since I have had my LO (she turned 14 months on Friday), I have lost all shape on the backside. Yikes.....time to get to spin class to gain the proper curvage down there. LOL.


Ahem....so please ignore the extra fabric in the center of my back in the picture. It really doesn't gather like that in real life where I'd do a sway back adjustment. I think it is just how I am standing in the picture that is causing it to bunch up a bit. Actually the back fits really well. I love the slit at the top, too. So, I now have four new, casual dresses for the cruise. It's time to spend some time on a few separates. I have one or two pairs of pants that will work, so it'll be tops and skirts.

I am still working on my Minoru jacket as part of the sewalong. I will need to spend some time today catching up with the rest of the group. I cute my pockets out of lining material last night and will add some side seam pockets. This is going to be a gorgeous jacket.

11 comments:

Carol said...

That is cute!! I thought that fabric looked familiar! LOL!!

velosews said...

You've made a stylish dress. Nice work on pairing the two fabrics together.

Candice said...

You look amazing! I have this pattern, I may have to get to this sooner rather than later!

mle said...

ooolala! Flattering indeed! I love this on you!

Jenny said...

Looks great! I've been wanting to make one of these dresses with the color blocking- they are very flattering and slenderizing!

Yarny Days said...

Totally cute and very stylish!

Myra said...

Really, really cute! What are you talking about??? You have nice curves woman!!! Beautiful work on this dress, perfect for a cruise!

Julie said...

love that dress, you look amazing!! the contrasting side panels are so cool.

Erin Kate said...

So cute! You looks great!

Sassy T said...

Love the colours. looks great on you.

Robyn said...

I've got this pattern too - your versions look great.