KNITTERS-DELIGHT



5:03 PM

FO - Simplicity 4020


So I completed a knit top last week. This is the ever-popular Simplicity 4020 which PatternReview named "A Best Pattern of 2008" and "A Best Pattern of 2007". In honor of the Sew Grateful Week that ended, I pulled out this pattern, which was a gift to me by Angela. When I commented on how much I liked her version, she mailed me a copy. Well I just dug it out last week and cut it out. It is a great pattern with a unique color and pleats at the shoulder. The v-neck is flattering for a larger bust and the separate bottom band. Here it is styled with a RTW jacket that I purchased from Sear's last year.


I cut a size 12 and mad slightly narrower seam allowances at the side seams near the bust. Everything else was done like the directions called for.

Next up, a dress using a McCall's pattern that has yet to be reviewed on PR. That makes me nervous, but I want it for my cruise and have already cut out the fabric, so this weekend I plan to sew it and wear it out to a baptism for my daughter's friend Pedro.

I am also pushing forward with my Renrew top. I am using this pattern for my Advanced knits class. On Wednesday I tried on my traced size 10 pattern and it was determined that I needed to do a 3/4" broad back adjustment. After using the "Fit for Real People" book to make this adjustment, it was determined that I will need a FOUR INCH bust adjustment. Seriously? This will be a Y. Bust Adjustment, which I have never done before. Good thing I have the book and the DVD on Bust Adjustments that they offer.

Stay tuned....

8 comments:

Sheila said...

Cute top....

Sue said...

Love the fabric you have chosen to make a very flattering top!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful top! Re. The Renfrew top, it seems you should go a size up since the Sewaholic patterns are intended for a pear shape, so your fba and bba would not be so difficult... xoxo, Carina

Lori said...

cute top, like with your RTW garment, too.

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

Great fabroc and fit. TFS.

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

This looks fabulous on you!

gwensews said...

Looks terrific. With jeans or a skirt, it is totally wearable.

Carolyn said...

Fantastic top!