KNITTERS-DELIGHT



7:58 PM

FO - Butterick 5674 Two-Toned Dress


I am about to jump into a hot bath to relax before my extra day off thanks to President's Day... so this will be a quick post on my latest dress using Butterick 5674. It is a close-fitting knit dress that I purchased when it came on sale at Joann's. I think it is one of the new Fall patterns by Suzi Chin (Maggy Boutique). Since I didn't line it, I couldn't really follow the directions, but ended up with a nice dress to wear on the cruise none-the-less.

I made a size 16 and left out the lining and zipper. This is a little bit shorter than what I am use to wearing, but that might just be my old timey ways. LOL. I debuted it under a cardigan for a Baptism today and then ran home to change into something longer and warmer. LOL. We will have to see how it fairs on the cruise which is less than a week away now....

So I have at least one more dress that I want to make as well as to catch up on my Minoru jacket. I am one week behind I think. I am hoping to have a sewcation tomorrow if my little girl allows it. LOL. I'm also having a high school friend over for dinner with her husband in the evening. They live in Boston, but were visiting LA and Temecula wine country. I am excited for the visit as it has been years since I have seen my dear, old friend.

25 comments:

Jenny said...

Awesome dress! You look great! I love the black belt that cinches you in. The two tones look very RTW. And although the length is short, it does not look too short. Great job!

Joyce in NC said...

Great looking dress! Your fabric selection really makes the dress pop.

Candice said...

You are rockin' this dress!

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

Fantastic dress. Love your fabric choice.

Sheila said...

Beautiful dress and like obi belt.

Shawnta said...

Lovely dress! I think it will be wonderful for the cruise!!

Sassy T said...

Rockin the dress . . .

cidell said...

Really cute. I love the mixing of fabric and the belt is just the right touch.

Unknown said...

Love it, you look wonderful!

Mariela Alethia said...

The dress looks great on you.

Amanda S. said...

Cute and sassy! I want to make this one as well and need to find some animal print like the example on the envelope.

Tricia said...

I love it! Its really chic and you wear it very well.

Lynneb said...

Such a cute dress. Susan, this style (the v-neck wrap) is SO flattering for you. Love the pattern.

mle said...

Wow sexy lady! you look stunning in that! How exciting your cruise is almost here!

velosews said...

Rockin dress.

Carolyn said...

This dress is incredibly flattering on you! You look amazing!

Anonymous said...

WOW! Nice!

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

Wow! You look AMAZING in that dress! Gawd are you going to look hot wearing that on the cruise!

Cennetta said...

Yeah Girl, You are rockin' that dress.

Victoria said...

Girl you know how to sew cute dresses and rock them. This is definitely a "jaw dropper". Gorgeous!!!

Belinda B. said...

What a beautiful dress!! I love the color combo its very flattering on you.

Anonymous said...

Looove this dress. Have fun wearing it on the cruise!

Virginia's Daughter said...

Cute, cute and very cute! I just purchased this pattern and read your review of it. Not sure how I missed this one. Love it!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

You did a beautiful job! What type of fabric did you use? The pattern says "knits only", but yours looks much fancier. Thanks!