KNITTERS-DELIGHT



4:01 PM

FO - Vogue 8742 Dress


So after nothing completed in the beginning of January 2012, I am now on a sewing roll. I completed my third dress, which is both work appropriate and cruise worthy. I can wear this out for one of the more casual dinner nights since this trip has open dining where you can go to the restaurant of your choice.



I wore it to work with a jacket and received several compliments.  Admitedly, I love this fabric, but think it might be just a tad too slinky for the dress pattern. It's comfy and not too clingy, but my next version will be with a less stretchy material for a more fitted look.



I am still working on my Minoru jacket. Tonight I will add the zipper to the collar and attach the hood. Tonight is the last night of my tailored trench coat class and all I have managed to do in the three months is to body fuse the pieces with interfacing and cut out the lining. LOL. Well at least I'm handling things with my Minoru.....stay tuned.

9 comments:

Julie said...

that dress is so chic!! I love it, and it looks so professional and fashionable.

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

You look great. I think I'd better check out that pattern. TFS

Sue said...

Your dress is gorgeous on you! Love the colour, style and fit.

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

I like the purple. Have you thought about making this up in a ltwt/medium weight ponte? I think it would work well for this dress.

Shari said...

What a pretty dress! Great colour on you.

velosews said...

Lovely style. It really is great for the cruise and for work. Your video was also fun to view. Cheers.

Victoria said...

Love it Lady! You look great!!!

Andrea said...

Susan, you did a really nice job on this dress and it looks great on you. I like you me made it versatile for work by adding the jacket. Beautiful!!

Sassy T said...

Lovin that jacket.