KNITTERS-DELIGHT



1:51 AM

First 2012 FO - Mission Maxi


So my first FO for 2012 is the Mission Maxi dress by independent designer Jamie Christina. I have never used her patterns before, so I am happy that I got to use it as the first pattern for the year. I have been really into buying independent lately (like my current Minoru jacket that I'm working on as part of Tasia's sewalong).

For my first version, I made A, which has the godet in the back. It is nice to give this dress a bit more interest since it is a plain fabric. This is part of my knits collection that I'm putting together to wear for my cruise next month.

I already have a Missoni type fabric to make version C, which is a straight cut maxi dress. Hopefully I will have this completed by the end of this weekend as well. I am really feeling the pressure to make some outfits for my trip. This pattern really fits the bill.

10 comments:

Faye Lewis said...

That's a great look for your cruise. Sounds like you'll have dresses that you can go ahead and pack for the trip by the end of this weekend. I think it's beautiful too.

Lori said...

Very pretty dress, it will be perfect for a cruise.

SewTypical said...

when you say "first FO" - do you mean Failed Object?

That dress looks gorgeous to me...

Jenny said...

I think this will be perfect for your cruise! Love the color!

Trice said...

Looking good

Lynneb said...

Great vacation dress! I haven't tried these patterns..
I think the knits will be a perfect cruise choice during your body transition.

Monica D said...

Pretty, I love knits!

velosews said...

This dress is definitely cruise worthy.

Carolyn said...

Gorgeous! And I love, love, love the racerback!

Sassy T said...

I have the Mission Maxi top of my pattern wishlist. Nothing but rave reviews for that one. And it is the design I have been wanting for sooo long. so delighted it has materialised as the Mission Maxi.