KNITTERS-DELIGHT



11:00 PM

The DOM Post....

Please excuse my common talk but I have a lot to say. First off DOM stands for diarrhea of the mouth for those of you that just don't know. Yup, I'm a gutter mouth tonight. Sorry....sort of. So, here's my laundry list of issues:

  • I am going on another cruise with my family. My daughter and I will fly out to NYC to meet up with everyone for a 7-day cruise to the Bahamas on the Norwegian. Doesn't sound like a problem you say, except that I have NOTHING to wear. Seriously, I have lost a lot of weight since having Nilah, but I am not at my pre-cruise weight since the last time I went.
  • So while my daughter's father is VERY active in her life, we have been parenting separately since before she was even born. That being said, I don't really feel like a single parent since we both take care of her 50/50. I have a good schedule down and have plenty of time for cleaning, general household upkeep, and even sewing. So what's my problem?! I have not sewn a successful piece yet in 2012. I have two items cut and ready to be sewn since two weeks ago.
  • I am on a mission to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight.  I have lost over 40 pounds, but have more to go. I gained over 10 pounds on my last cruise and got pregnant days after returning, thus gaining weight on top of cruise-weight gain. I have 20 pounds more to go  before I'm satisfied. I have been going to Curves since before Thanksgiving. I go 5 times a week during my lunch now that I have weaned my daughter (yup, no more nursing during my lunch break). I am also taking an Aerial Fabrics Acrobatics class from an organization of people that are part of Cirque du Soleil once or twice a week. With all that work-out action, I have no idea what size I will be by the end of next month. So how do i start sewing my cruise wardrobe?
  • I have been trying to get out and date. *Dating in 2012 sucks*. lol. I am not use to all this drama. 
That's all the DOM I have peeps. I think that was plenty or should I be honest and say too much? Any suggestions you can offer on how to plan a cruise wardrobe when you don't know what size you will be is welcome. I need to get moving immediately.

6 comments:

L said...

Congrats on the weight loss. I'm on a mission to drop 10-15 more pounds (after successfully losing 12 since August). Dating sucked in 2011 and is not off to a good start in 2012. Ugh. Men! One day...

mle said...

Sometimes it's good to get it all out! LOL!

Sheila said...

Not sure if its your style, but what about sewing garments with elastic at the waist for skirts, shorts, pants & lightweight cotton knit pull-on dresses. Suggested patterns: butterick 5044, mcalls 6282, pamela magic pencil skirt #109, simplicity 2615, new look 6762. Hope this helps.

Sue said...

Congratulaions on your weight loss and your consistent training! I think I would go for knit fabrics with elastic-waisted pants and flowy tops. Oh.. and be prepared to move it out of your wardrobe after the cruise as you lose more weight.

Kim said...

Two words! Knit dresses! A couple come to mind right away...Vogue 1250 in either dressy or casual fabric. Vogue 1224, Vogue 1179 (cutest sack dress ever!), and while it's not a knit, Vogue 8645 looks easy, breezy and very tropical. I've sewn all but the last one and it's on my list for summer.

Jenny said...

I think you look great! However, I feel your frustration. I've lost 30 pounds after having my baby but I've still got about 5 to go. Things definitly don't fit like they used to! I'm not quite the size I was before but if I go up a size, it's too big. For your cruise I would agree with your choice of knits (I read the post after this one). That way they will look good at your "larger" size and still look great if you lose a few more pounds.