KNITTERS-DELIGHT



9:04 PM

FO - McCall's 6400 and Adieu 2011


Here is my second to last FO for the year, another McCall's 6400 top. this time for my Sister. I also made her a dress, but she has to take pictures and send it to me first. This is my second time making this shirt. The first time was the black gauzy knit that I had to double layer. This was a quick project that took no more than an hour to make. I like how it is more drapey on her versus me. I made the medium and that seems to fit a more petite frame. I will try to buy the next size up when they go on sale again to get the larger slouchy look.


So I counted my successful FOs for this year and it totaled 61. My goal for 2011 was to make less volume and more quality, but I am happy with most of what I made. I will try to make a post that shows my favorites and the breakdown of what I made.

7 comments:

Aminat said...

She looks great , what a beautiful top on her. Wishing you a happy and prosperous 2012

Candice said...

What a beautiful top, for your beautiful sister! Here's to a prosperous and happy 2012!

velosews said...

That's a great top. You've made some fabulous clothes this year. Happy New Year to you.

L said...

I go back and forth with this pattern. Sometimes I like it, sometimes I don't. When I see it on other people, I think it's fabulous. McCall's are on sale for 0.99 at JA through tomorrow. Happy new year!

Monica D said...

Excellent fabric choice.

Hilary said...

Happy New Year! (Ugh, two weeks late...) Wow, 61 finished projects?! From what I've seen on here, I'd say they were ALL pretty quality pieces...you are my sewing idol!

Yarny Days said...

61! Wow girl. You rock.