KNITTERS-DELIGHT



3:52 PM

FO - Vogue 8774 Jeans and McCall's 6400 Knit Top


I completed two new FOs this week. I started a wearable muslin for the Vogue 8774 jeans pattern. This is a great pattern. The only real change I need to do for my fashion fabric is to raise the pockets in the back (my fault) and remove excess in the CB seam to avoid the gaposis issue.


This is a fast and fun top with only one piece. I think the medium might be a bit tight on me, especially since I had to double the gauzy fabric to make it work-appropriate. I have already cut a second version and will try to wear it tomorrow. More pics to come.

16 comments:

Faye Lewis said...

Great look Susan!

Erica Bunker said...

Love this Susan!

Lori said...

Great looking outfit.

Joyce in NC said...

This outfit is a great look on you!!

Dei said...

Wearable muslin? Girl those pants are hotness right now. You look great!

Victoria said...

GREAT jeans!!! You're making all of the perfect pants patterns!!!

Sbb1 Wellness said...

Awesome!

Amanda S. said...

Great separates! I really want to give that Vogue jeans pattern a try soon - I just love the shape of them.

Anonymous said...

Another great look, Susan!

HeathersSphere said...

Truly a gorgeous looking ensemble, Susan! Hope you and your family have a lovely Christmas.

Yarny Days said...

Looking great, Susan! Love the shoes.

Myra said...

Perfect outfit Susan!! Very cute shoes too!! I have to give this Jean pattern a try!

Beth (SunnyGal Studio) said...

those jeans look great, totally jealous. Wish I could get pants to fit like that. well done.

Unknown said...

How did you find the fit on this pattern? I just finished making it and had to make a much larger size than I normally wear based on the envelope measurements to fit at the hips then even after multiple darts and pattern adjustments still find them too large at the waist and a slightly higher rise than I would like....trying to figure out if I am just misshapen!

Susan said...

I sewed a size 10 with more narrow hems. According to the package, I am closer to a 14/16. I usually go down to a 12, but wanted a slimmer cut so I did the 10. This was a good move for me.

poppykettle said...

From your pictures, looks like you got a great fit. I'm tackling these at the moment so keen to read your PR. Cheers!