KNITTERS-DELIGHT



4:15 PM

FO - Birthday Pendrell Blouse


Wow! I have not posted in over a month. That is unheard of for me. I have not been sewing, well successfully at least. I attempted the Vogue 1267 and it was a DISASTER. Seriously disappointing. Anywho - I have finally made something and just in time for my birthday. Yesterday (yes, on Pearl Harbor Day) I turned 37. I spent the day working, but did get to go to my Trench Coat Sewing Class. This was great. I am way behind, but will have time to catch up when we go on break for two weeks.

Back to my current project....I completed my Pendrell slowly but surely. It should have taken me two to three hours, but my mojo has been lacking. Still, I did a smidge of work on it over the last few weeks and voila! Success. I am rocking it with jeans and my Nine West mary janes. This was the first pattern from Tasia with Sewaholic Patterns. She is a real sweetheart with an amazing skill of designing wearable patterns. I have her Minoru pattern waiting to be started during her sewalong.

Here's a close up of the ruffles...

Up next? Who knows. lol. Well - I already have the Vogue 8774 skinny jeans cut out, but also want to make McCall's 6450 dress, especially since I already bought the fabric. I also have my eye on a few pairs of leggings that I bought patterns for. We will see....

16 comments:

Lori said...

Great blouse.

Lynneb said...

happy birthday susan! blouse is great but you look fabulous!

Sheila said...

Happy Birthday and many blessed more. Cute blouse.

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

Happy Birthday to you!

Aminat said...

Happ birthday and wishing you many more

Anonymous said...

Happy (belated) Birthday! Love the style and colors of the blouse on you.

Ruth said...

Happy birthday - missed you - looking good!

Carolyn said...

Happy Birthday! That blouse looks amazing on you!

Trice said...

Yay. Happy Birthday again. Hopefully, you will be all caught up by the time we get back from break.
That blouse is so cute on you.
Btw, I rocked my petticoat last night, it was a hit.

Monica D said...

Happy BDay! I pray you many, many, many more!!! Cute blouse :)

Katy said...

Happy birthday Susan. Your blouse looks great.

gwensews said...

Happy Birthday! Your top is so pretty--very colorful and happy. I love the feminine ruffles at the shoulder.

velosews said...

Happy birthday. Your top is great.

Cennetta said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Love your blouse.

Anonymous said...

Happy belated Birthday, Susan. I hope it was a good one. Your blouse is so cute and the fabric you chose goes perfectly with it.

I'm waiting for the Minoru sew a long, too. I just bought lining fabric, but can't for the life of me decide on fashion fabric. Ugh! :)

Victoria said...

Happy Belated birthday! I saw this post and thought I responded to it! I hope you had a phenomenal birthday!!! You look fabulous in your top!!!