KNITTERS-DELIGHT



8:45 AM

FO - Versace Inspired Clover


I completed my second version of Clover the other day. This pair is in a bold black and white floral print. It is a bottom weight fabric that has about 3% stretch, so it was perfect for my Clover pattern. I was looking over the new Marie Clair magazine that just came out and they had a piece on Versace-inspired prints including bold pants. I had already put my fabric on the cutting table to breathe before cutting into it - so I am feeling VERY on-trend. lol. Not my usual M.O.

For this pair of Clover pants I did make some adjustments. I made slightly wider seams than my denim pair, including the inseam and side seams. I added an additional 4" of length at the length line, took in the CB seam at the waist to remove a bit of gaposis, and shortened the crotch depth by 3/4 " (or so). Overall, these are a very well fitting pair of pants. The only really issue I am having is that my zipper is getting stuck at the seam of the waist band. I tried to reduce the bulk there, especially since I used hair canvas interfacing for the waistband, but it is still sticking there when I zip it up. Unzipping isn't a problem once they are on though. Any suggestions on how to fix this (and to avoid it in the future)?


Next up? I'm not sure. I have already cut up the fabric and lining for the new Vogue 1267 pattern, but I just haven't been feeling inspired to sew it. I'm not sure if it's because I'm not great at lining patterns or because of all the darts, but I'm just not feeling the oomph to actually make it. Yikes. I hope I figure out something soon.

Oh my - I almost forgot some FABULOUS news for me (when it comes to knitting). I finished my Hitchiker shawl. I am so happy! I wove in the ends last night. I plan on wearing it to work tomorrow, so I'll post some pictures soon.

8 comments:

brandilion said...

I absolutely love to see your work Susan. I love it! I want pants!

I've been on shopping sprees trying to find better fits and bolder clothes than my usual (and you know my usual). And it is very frustrating. Especially since you know how particular I am. :)

I miss you!

Tricia said...

I really love your blog, I'm so glad i came across it. I love your creations, they are so chic!!

Auset's Stitched Treasures said...

Love the pants. I've always loved printed trousers and wear them often. Love your work.

Faye Lewis said...

The clover's are looking good!

Jenny said...

Nice pants! Don't have any tips on the zipper but have run into that problem before. You are losing a lot of weight! You look great!

Victoria said...

You are working these pants! Love them!!!

Lynneb said...

Love, Love, LOVE your versions of Clover!

SEWN said...

You are rocking it!