KNITTERS-DELIGHT



9:30 AM

FO - Hitchhiker Shawl


I finally finished my Hitchhiker shawl. I really am happy with it. Way back, I commented on my friend Brandi's gorgeous version, so she surprised me with a copy of the pattern on Ravelry. Thank you Brandilion. Next time Nilah and I visit you in Seattle, I will be rockin' this shawl!


The pattern is by Martina Behm. Here is the information she provides:

Garter stitch. It‘s simple, its warm and squishy, stretchy and reversible and it makes any variegated, hand-dyed sock yarn really shine. So here‘s Hitchhiker: It is a narrow, slightly asymmetrically shaped triangular shawlette that can be wrapped around the neck several times. The ends are long enough to tie it with a knot. One of the short sides of the triangle features a saw-tooth border that evolves naturally during the knitting and gives the shawl its unusual shape. Because the knitting starts at one end, you can stop anytime, bind off and end up with a useful neckerchief, shawlette or shawl. A perfect project to relax in between more complicated ones, also very suitable for beginners and young knitters.


Brandi was right. This was the perfect "new mommy" project. Although I'm barely finishing it before my LO turns one next month. lol. Regardless, I am happy to have a bit of my knitting mojo back in addition to my sewing.

7 comments:

Dei said...

You look lovely new mommy and sew does your scarf.

Hilary said...

That's really pretty! I do love garter stitch, and the pattern makes use of variegated yarn in a really cool way. Adding to the queue for sure! (Also good to hear it's baby-brain proof. :) )

Sbb1 Wellness said...

Very pretty and thanks for sharing where you got the pattern. I have a lot of sock yarn that was of course intended for socks (don't know what happened lol), I may give this a try though.

Eugenia said...

Looks great - and I love those beautiful colours - perfect for fall!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! Love how the colors have come out in the scarf. The Hitchhiker seems like a lovely pattern too.

Andrea said...

Nice job on the scarflet. I love your Versace inspired pants from your last post. You rocked it.

brandilion said...

I'm ready for you to come back! I bought a coffee mug yesterday that says Vermont on it, just for your next visit. I miss your beautiful face so much!