KNITTERS-DELIGHT



9:53 AM

FO - Clover in Gold Metallic Denim


I finished my muslin for my first attempt at sewing Clover. This is for Colette Pattern's sewalong that is happening here at the Coletterie blog. I think that the photos do not do these pants any justice. I have been out and about and have actually had four strangers of all walks of life stop me to comment on how fabulous these pants/jeans look on me. Score!


I purchased some stretch denim a gold metalic color from Yardage Town for this project. I really love the outcome, although it might not be the best material to interpret fitting issues, since the metallic shows a lot of wrinkles naturally. I think the fit is fairly good, although I failed to let my fabric lay out on the cutting table to breathe before cutting it. I think it did grow a tiny bit after wearing it out to dinner with friends.I did get some nice compliments, which is always affirming. Janell claims she rarely EVER gives compliments on clothing so I felt fabulous. I wore it with my second Sorbetto top and a RTW cardigan out to dinner. I took pictures in a different top though, so you can see more of the fit.


Any suggestion on fit? I made a size 8 which is much smaller than normal, but I still think it has room. I made a waist adjustment on this one so that is a size 10. I also added some length to the pants. This pattern is for ankle length pants, but with heels, I needed this extra 2-3" to get it to my ankle. The zipper came in perfectly, but unfortunately it looks like there is a small tear in the zipper fabric, so its getting stuck at the top when I zip it. Since this was just the muslin, I don't know that I'll redo it. With my overly narrow hips, I'm still able to pull them off without unzipping them anyway. That makes me think I could have skipped the waist adjustment. What do you think? I'm laying new fabric out on the cutting table today so it can breathe and grow before I cut it. Should I retry this pair exactly as it and then recheck? I really want the perfect fitting pants. That's what's so great about this sewalong.

9 comments:

Faye Lewis said...

That's a good look.

Mariela Alethia said...

You look awesome and your weight loss effort is visible.

Victoria said...

Hot Mama! Wow, you are smoking in those pants! Real cute. You always make great fashion forward choices!!!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe these count as your muslin! They look great!

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

These are amazing - the fit looks absolutely perfect. What a muslin!

Myra said...

Love them, love them, lovvvve them!!!!

Julie said...

oh wow, those pants are so hot!! You look fantastic.

Hilary said...

Being a total amateur at sewing, I unfortunately have no advice re: fit and resewing, but I will say that those pants look AWESOME on you and they are also FABULOUS. Love.

melissa said...

These are TOTALLY fabulous on you! I think the fit looks awesome on you, especially in a difficult fabric. I can't wait to get my copy of this pattern... :)