KNITTERS-DELIGHT



3:48 PM

FO - Simplicity 2418 & Clover 3.0


Yes, I have made three clovers in one week. I plan on making several more. I have the fit down to where I like it and think it lends itself to both work and play. This clover version is paired with my new Simplicity 2418 top. I am one happy camper. The outfit is very slimming without compromising comfort. The ankle length looks great with my new 5" Mary Janes to boot.


Stats:

Simplicity 2418 top:
I made a size 14 with zero alterations. The material is a lightweight polyester. Since it is cut on the bias, it has a nice drape. I made the belt extra long.

Clover pants:
I made a straight size 8, reducing the crotch depth by 3/4", adding 3 1/2" at the length mark, and moving the zipper to the back. This version has the front, waistband pockets in a black voille fabric. The pants are made out of a stretch suiting that has some nubby texture to it, which I love.

Up next....another Clover. Yup, I'm hooked. lol

8 comments:

Lori said...

Very pretty outfit, the shoes are fabulous, too.

Andrea said...

You are looking pretty fierce there girl. Love them shoes.

Amanda S. said...

Love the outfit AND the shoes!

Myra said...

Very very nice ensemble! I can see why you made so many pair...great fit! You're smokin' in this outfit and really rockin those great shoes!

Victoria said...

You look like one Hot Mama! I love your style and how you put together the right looks. Girl I don't blame you---make as many Clover's as you want!!! You look fab in them! That's an awesome TNT pattern!!!

Hilary said...

Very cute, and great fit! And the shoes? Oh my goodness, those are fantastic.

Carol Mami! said...

Making it work girl!

SEWN said...

You always amaze me with how much sewing you turn out of your sewing room. I love all of your clovers!