Sorry for my long absence. I haven't posted since the end of last month. I have been buying patterns, fabric, vowing to stop buying patterns and fabric, and buying patterns and fabric....ahem. I started this tunic last week and have worked on it a bit here and there in the evenings. Since returning from my business trip in Florida, I have been fighting to stay healthy. While I am still a bit run down, I'm getting my stride back.
Here is my completed project using Simplicity 2365. This tunic has a lot of great details including piping at the center of the chest, princess seams, and tabs to pull up the sleeves. I also decided to have a clean finish on the inside and used french seams. I could have just serged it, but wanted a more polished look on the inside of this one, to match all of the outside details. I can see more of these in my future, especially in a nice crisp fabric. This was also the first time that I used my piping foot for my Bernina. Worked like a charm! I've paired my tunic with an old pair of leggings that I made in 2009. Still love 'em!
For my next project I am making the new Vogue 1267. I am using a crepe back satin fabric in a rich purple color with a lavendar charmeuse lining. I'm hoping this will come together quickly as I have high hopes to wear it to a meeting I have on Wednesday.