KNITTERS-DELIGHT



4:02 PM

FO - Simplicity 2365 Tunic Top


Sorry for my long absence. I haven't posted since the end of last month. I have been buying patterns, fabric, vowing to stop buying patterns and fabric, and buying patterns and fabric....ahem. I started this tunic last week and have worked on it a bit here and there in the evenings. Since returning from my business trip in Florida, I have been fighting to stay healthy. While I am still a bit run down, I'm getting my stride back.


Here is my completed project using Simplicity 2365. This tunic has a lot of great details including piping at the center of the chest, princess seams, and tabs to pull up the sleeves. I also decided to have a clean finish on the inside and used french seams. I could have just serged it, but wanted a more polished look on the inside of this one, to match all of the outside details. I can see more of these in my future, especially in a nice crisp fabric. This was also the first time that I used my piping foot for my Bernina. Worked like a charm! I've paired my tunic with an old pair of leggings that I made in 2009. Still love 'em!


For my next project I am making the new Vogue 1267. I am using a crepe back satin fabric in a rich purple color with a lavendar charmeuse lining. I'm hoping this will come together quickly as I have high hopes to wear it to a meeting I have on Wednesday.

10 comments:

Lori said...

That is a gorgoues tunic, fantastic job.

Andrea said...

Your tunic is very pretty and I love the fabric. You did a really nice job on it.

Carolyn said...

Wow! I love all the details!

Victoria said...

Great outfit Lady! I'm loving that tunic. The colors are so bold and the piping detail is gorgeous:)

Hilary said...

Beautiful!! All those finishing details make it look so professional!

Sue said...

Your tunic is fantastic and looks great on you.

Trice said...

Just stopping by to say hi, from your Wednesday night sewing class.

Myra said...

What a cute tunic! I just started wearing tunics and I love this one! You've inspired me ro get this pattern! Nice work!

Lynneb said...

Very flattering tunic. I might have just passed it by had I not seen it on your blog, Susan! Is it made from a knit?

Carol Mami! said...

I love this one. It looks great and you rocked it. =) Looking good.