KNITTERS-DELIGHT



2:00 PM

FO New Look 6875 & Self-Drafted Skirt


I have been sewing quite a bit these days. I am even taking a sewing class on Wednesdays at the San Diego Continuing Ed. Our class is working on a lined trench coat with welt pockets and properly placed topstitching. This is perfect for me since I have yet to make welt pockets and my topstitching is far from perfect. lol. I am participating in Self-Stitched September. My goal is one self-made item a day, but also to only wear my self-made item once during the month. For this reason, I have been adding a fair amount of separates to my wardrobe this month. It's been fun actually. Once my little one falls to sleep, I get cracking. I am one of those people that need minimal sleep to function. The pants I posted in a previous post were started at 12:30 in the morning when I had to be at work at 7:30 am the next day.


Now this first skirt was actually started last year. It's a self-drafted skirt with a front pleat and red elastic waistband. I have a dream of one-day creating my own patterns for sale. I am not naturally gifted in this area, it will be a labor of love down the road. I am happy with how this came out and am thankful for Self-Stitched September as it was the only reason I dug it out of my drawer to wear on Saturday. I am pairing it with my Simplicity 2590 Cardi, which was a pretty popular pattern a while back.



Last night (again - after little girl was asleep) at around 11:00 pm I decided that I wanted a new outfit to wear to work with my new shoes. I recently purchased New Look 6875 which is a simple pattern of coordinates. I made the top and skirt in a flash. The material was purchased at the new Yardage Town off of Morena Blvd. It's pretty light-weight, so I'm sure I'll be using this outfit to weigh in at Weight Watchers when I'm looking to show some weight loss *grin*. I'm pairing the outfit with one of my infinity scarves, so you can't see the front gathers, but it is flattering for sure. After seeing the pictures, I may take the skirt in on the sides a bit. Other than that, it's perfect for me.


I am heading off to a trade show for work in Florida this week. Booo! While the trade show is a good one for work, this will be the first time Nilah and I will really be apart. I know she will have a bunch of fun with her Daddy, while I'm gone, but that doesn't really make me feel any better. Boooo! My only consolation is that I can wear dresses that zip up the back while I'm at the trade show. Some bright side, huh?

7 comments:

Lori said...

Wonderful outfits, the red waistband is perfect for your self-drafted skirt. Have a safe trip and off to check out the New Look pattern.

Faye Lewis said...

You always look so cute AND stylish in the things you make.

Omega said...

Cute outfits. I love the skirt with the red waistband, really cute.

Carolyn said...

Gorgeous outfits and how jealous am I that you need to little sleep (SOOO JEALOUS! I turn evil if I don't get enough sleep!)

Anonymous said...

Great outfits. I especially love the skirt you drafted. It looks really good on you and the paired pieces go so well with it.

Cennetta said...

Great outfit. Love the contrasting waistband. Enjoy the trade show.

Victoria said...

Both self drafted skirt are gorgeous and are perfect each outfit! I like your aspirations of creating your own pattern line. We're all cheering for you!!!