KNITTERS-DELIGHT



11:21 AM

Long Time No Post - FO Burda 07-2011-108 Jumpsuit


So I have been sewing, but not so successfully lately. I have been practicing making linings for dresses. It took two dresses to work and after all of that, the shape of the dress is not as flattering on me as I had hoped. I made a yellow dress that is cute, but it is dressing up Sookie, my dress form. I'll get pics of that later. In the meantime, here is a quick jumpsuit that I put together yesterday using burdastyle's website. It is from the July issue of Burda magazine. I let my subscription run out in December after the tracing lines went from bearable to crazy. I also was finding less and less patterns that I wanted to try. Now that my subscription has ended, I'm seeing more things I like, but am happy to just purchase it through the burdastyle website and tape the pattern together.


Another reason I was absent for so long? My brother and sister-in-law came to visit me from New Jersey. This was their first time seeing me in California since I moved here. We usually meet up on the East Coast. I took a few days off of work and enjoyed two long weekends with them in between their Mexican cruise they took to celebrate their 25th wedding anniversary. We also enjoyed a lot of eating! So much so, that I gained 1.8 pounds. Yikes! Not good when you're working on losing 20. lol. Either way, I was able to lose 3 pounds this last week, so I am back on track...except for my braised lamb, spinach, and apple mashed potato dinner I had out with friends last night...

For the jumpsuit, I omitted the drawstring and just kept the elastic at the waist and omitted the bias binding. After putting it on one leg, I didn't like it and decided the raw edges for this looked better. I wish I knew that before adding it, because it was a bear removing the binding! I also added 3 inches to the torso. Overall I am happy with this jumpsuit. It is a lot shorter than I am use to wearing, but very comfy and lightweight. Perfect for the next few months in San Diego. Next up is a pear of woven drawstring pants using a Simplicity pattern. I plan on wearing these to work tomorrow if all goes well...

I also signed up for Gerti's Bombshell dress series on craftsy. I have only purchased my muslin so far, but have learned a lot just by watching the first 3 or 4 videos. I'm excited to have a dress like this in my wardrobe.

12 comments:

Jada said...

Cute sexy jumpsuit!

Candice said...

You look amazing, your jumpsuit is fierce!

Andrea said...

Hey, Mommy!!! You are lookin good in that jumpsuit. Very nice job.

Faye Lewis said...

Ohhhh, I like.

Sheila said...

The jumpsuit looks great on you.

Shawnta said...

Cute romper! I have also signed up for Gertie's course. I have all the supplies but can't seem to commit to a fabric.

Carolyn said...

A jumpsuit....LOVE IT!

Hilary said...

This jumpsuit makes me want one REALLY bad. I think it's the color and subtle pattern and the fact that you look awesome in it!

Hilary said...

(Great styling with the belt and shoes, too!)

Amy Stanton said...

You look great in that jumpsuit! Sounds like a great visit with family too :)

Lynneb said...

Welcome back, Susan! Can't wait to see your bombshell dress! Jumpsuit is cute!

Jenny said...

Va va va voom! You look like a hot mama! I've been wanting to sign up for Gertie's class too... can't wait to see your bombshell dress!