KNITTERS-DELIGHT



2:04 PM

FOs - Simplicity 3833 Dress and Simplicity 7092 Pants


Here are two more FOs to share. The first is my Jackie-O inspired dress. I love how the shaping is on this one. I used a 1960s retro reprint pattern from Simplicity (3833). The fabric is a heavy cotton that I picked up at Ikea. I wore it to church with a white cardigan and my hair swept up and felt fabulous. I believe I made a size 14 and did a mini-FBA on this one. I could have probably gone a tad bit bigger on my bust alteration, but am sure it will be fine once the watermelons reduce I finish nursing.


30 minutes before going to church, I also decided to sew these Simplicity pants that I cut out the night before. I am in love with them! I went to Yardage Town to find a white seersucker fabric to make a second pair, but came back empty handed. This is one of Simplicity's 1-hour patterns. It is for pants and shorts. I made the medium and omitted the drawstring.


The pants are pajama comfy, but pack a nice punch for style. The fact that two people told me that I looked really skinny in them - BONUS! Yes, that might be the reason for wanting a few more pairs....lol. Actually, I was reading about silky pants being a fall trend. I am all for it! Here's a link to a pair I saw on Net-a-Porter.


22 comments:

Nik said...

I am in love with that "sunshiny" dress.

Toni Campbell said...

Love the dress! Perfect placement of the sunburst on front!

Cennetta said...

Two great looks. That dress is pretty. The bold yellow is pretty against your skin. The silky pants are "chicy" cute. I must make a pair. Thanks for the inspiration.

Monica D said...

That dress is screaming for me :)

Faye Lewis said...

Lovely dress, just right for summer.

Victoria said...

That dress is just super cute! You're just a ray of sunshine!!! You couldn't have picked a better fabric for that dress! Bravo!!!

Candice said...

Pretty!Lovely color of sunshine for the summer!

Shari said...

What a pretty summer dress! Love that fabric. Your pants look great on you.

Carolyn said...

Love, love, love the yellow dress! The cut is beautiful and I love the placement of the fabric. They are perfect together!

Julie said...

what a perfect summery dress, and those pants look so great!! you are a sewing genius.

Alexandra said...

What a beautiful dress! I love the sunny color.

Auset's Stitched Treasures said...

I'm loving the dress. You look so radiant!

Sue said...

The yellow and white is so fresh and looks great on you!
The silk pants look great too - might have to think about a pair for myself.

Rachel said...

I love that dress. The print is fabulous!!

Lynneb said...

That dtess is amazing! The fabric...LOVE the fabric!

Hilary said...

Oh my, that is a cute dress. The placement of the sunburst pattern is so cool and gives the retro shape of the dress a modern twist. And totally chic, pj-comfy pants? Win!

Yarny Days said...

I LOVE your dress. Truly sunshiny.

Jackie said...

You always look nice in all of your outfits, but I am really loving the yellow dress. It is fabulous!

prttynpnk said...

I love your fabric layout- you've really given that dress a great spin

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

GORGEOUS! Simply Gorgeous! I mean it's a great dress pattern but the fabric you picked really makes the dress sing.

Omega said...

Beautiful dress! I love the color, so sunny bright, love it! Your pants look great too.

Myra said...

I love, love, love this dress! The fabric along witht he beautiful print are just awesome! Great work!