KNITTERS-DELIGHT



5:00 PM

Simplicity 2187 and Self-Stitched September


So I have been sewing, but not really feeling like I have been happy with the projects' outcome. That was until Simplicity 2187. I cannot express how happy I am with this one! It was an easy project that I sewed up on Sunday evening. I cut the pattern and fabric for a week ago. If I knew how quick and easy it was, I would have cut TWO different fabrics to make another one immediately after the first one. Speaking of fabric - this knit was bought a year ago for a cardigan. When I dug it out, I knew it would be perfect for this jumper dress.


I have received a lot of compliments on this one. It seems to be slimming too. Bonus! Comfy AND slimming? Who would have thunk it. lol I have plans for this pattern in my near future for sure. I will also try the pants-jumper for this pattern also.


As far as Self-Stitched September goes...I can't decide if I will commit to doing it or not. The funny thing is that I have managed to wear at least one piece of clothing that I have sewn or knit everyday since Me-Made-June. So why not join in for this one? I think I have been slacking more on the photo taking. Well, now that I think about it, my co-worker is back to work from maternity leave and she always makes me look skinnier than I really am in real-life takes one striking photo after the next. Count me in....

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look stunning in this dress!

Lori said...

You look fantastic in this dress.

Carolyn said...

That dress is gorgeous...and everybody is right - you look fantastic in it!

Candice said...

Look amazing!

mle said...

Oh sexy lady you look great in this dress! so pretty on you!

Auset's Stitched Treasures said...

Very nice. You do look great! I may join in SSS-unofficially, that is.

Yarny Days said...

Comfy and slimming. That made me smile. You look great in that dress. Well, as always...

Scheryka said...

Looking fabulous.

Omega said...

You look fabulous, love the dress & the fabric.

Lynneb said...

I love it! That fabric is a perfect choice. What a great pattern...so many different options.

Hilary said...

You *should* be happy with this one! It is so cute and you look awesome in it. I love the cap sleeves. Great fabric choice, too!

Anonymous said...

Hot hot hot! An animal print wrap dress is on my to-make list, and you're providing some serious motivation. You look amazing in that dress!

Cennetta said...

Girl, You working that dress! Super cute.

Victoria said...

Hot Mama! Girl, you are rocking this dress! That print is FIERCE!!!