KNITTERS-DELIGHT



4:30 PM

FO Butterick 5211 - Round Three



Today the site Everybody, Everywhere is having bloggers wear yellow. Here is my look for today using a yellow and gray floral fabric purchased from Joann's. I used Butterick 5211 pattern to make this dress. I made a different version of this dress last year for my Sister-in-Law and then made the same exact dress (fabric included) for myself a few days later. lol.



It is simple, comfortable and work appropriate. The only downfall? Not very "breastfeeding friendly". Since I nurse my daughter during my lunch break, I had to bring pants and a top to switch into, before going to her daycare. lol. That's alright - I think this dress might be worth it...The only changes I made for this one was to lengthen the bodice by four inches, lengthen the overall dress by 3 1/2" to make it go to my knee, and cut the back on the fold like the front. Oh - I also removed the pockets, which is unlike me. I like pockets and am not overly concerned about them adding bulk to my hips, especially since I have narrow hips to begin with. lol.

I should also mention the fact that I cut out the fabric around 11:30 at night on Monday night and then sewed it at 10:30 pm last night. It was an hour project, hour-and-a-half, tops. Can't beat that!



I'm not sure what I'll be working on next, but I do know it should be coming from my stash of patterns and fabric.....I'm officially on a diet for both.

Yellow | Everybody, Everywear

11 comments:

Jenny said...

I've always loved yellow and gray together! Beautiful dress! The whole outfit looks so springy!

Victoria said...

Love this! Gray and yellow is such a wonderful combination!!!

Bea said...

Wonderful dress!

Carolyn said...

Yellow and gray? One of my FAVORITE color combos!

Julie said...

such a lovely, summery dress!! Good luck with the fabric destash....

Shari said...

Love your dress!

Lynneb said...

No, you can't beat that! And it's a really cute dress!

Hilary said...

Super cute dress! The fabric's pattern (and awesome "grellow" color) are perfect with the simple shape of the dress. And the comment about having to change into pants/shirt made me laugh! I hear you!

Also, I appreciate hearing that you nurse your daughter during your lunch break. My little one decided he is staunchly anti-bottle all of a sudden, so I'm trying to figure out what that means for when I go back to work. Glad to know there are other mamas out there who breastfeed during lunch!

Meagan said...

You made that dress? I wish I could sew so badly! That's awesome that you made it yourself!
-Meagan
http://spunkychateau.blogspot.com

velosews said...

Love the dress. I'm impressed that you're breastfeeding at lunch as well. That's a huge commitment.

CatCat said...

Hope you work on plaid pattern dress, eh. Want to see it too here in your blog. The yellow dress, btw is lovely!

Cheers,
Cathy | Top Reasons to Buy Nurse Scrubs Online