KNITTERS-DELIGHT



10:24 PM

FO Simplicity 2180



I made a dress using Simplicity 2180 earlier this week. It has been muggy and hot in San Diego, so I chose a cool, striped seersucker fabric to make this one up.



I was excited about this pattern as soon as I came across it. Unfortunately, my dress isn't the fit that I wanted. I made a fair amount of changes to add room for my chest size as well as to keep the waist a bit more roomy. In the end, I may have overdone it a tad bit. Still, it was very comfy and the back of this dress is a nice, unexpected touch. If things go my way, I'll get a bit of shrinkage when I wash it for a better fit.



My little girl is 7 1/2 months now. She is a grown baby. lol. Seriously though, it is unbelievable how fast children grow. One blink and she'll be in college....

17 comments:

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

Awww! She is a real cutie just like her mommy. Your dress does look cool and comfortable.

Karin said...

Your little girl is adorable! And the dress isn't bad either :-)

I am jealous of all the seersucker dresses that I see. They all look so cool and classic.

Unknown said...

Cute dress, and super cute baby!

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

Great dress and adorable baby girl!

mle said...

Really cute summer dress! Your daughter is absolutely precious! isn't that a fun age?! actually all the ages are fun!

Lori said...

Very pretty dress and your little girl is precious. Yes, you blink and they grow up. Next thing you know she will be getting married.

Tanya said...

Love the dress, seersucker is my favorite summer fabric next to sheers. Your daughter is beautiful, and you're right they grow up much too fast.

Sbb1 Wellness said...

Nice job!...I love seersucker, it's cool, sews up nicely and washes well...Great choice for a summer dress.
I love babies too, and your little one is cute cute cute. By her smile you can tell that she already has tons of adorable personality.

Lynneb said...

Missed you lately, Susan!
Dress is TOO cute, but not as cute as that baby girl!
Nice work ( on both!)

Jada said...

Beautiful Mommy and daughter :)
The dress is cute love the back of it.

Hilary said...

First of all, OMG that is one gorgeous little girl!! You can tell she's got a great personality, too. Look at that little smile! And I LOVE this dress. The multi-colored seersucker is so neat and the opening in the back adds something fun and unexpected. I want one of these now!

Jacquirocks said...

She is a cutie pie. Lovely dress by the way.

Carolyn said...

How have I missed this pattern? What an adorable dress! Must make it soon!

Shari said...

your daughter is so cute. What a great dress love the back of it!

Amy Stanton said...

The dress looks perfect for summer to me. You don't want something too fitted when it gets hot out.

Your daughter is an absolute doll!!

lakaribane said...

You are so right about babies growig fast, she's so big compared to my last mental image of her!

One question about the dress: is the back knot at bra band level? Or did you make it become so?

Anonymous said...

Bothe your daughter and your dress are adorable!!