KNITTERS-DELIGHT



3:00 PM

Me-Made-June Day 1 with FO to Boot



So I spent my Memorial Day sewing my dress for the PatternReview Knock-Off Contest. Fabulous to be finished and have it entered, yes? Well, at 9:00 last night, I realized that June 1st is the start of Me-Made-June 11 and I didn't want to start it off wearing an old outfit, so I cut out fabric and made a top using the Butterick 5496 pattern, again. I really love this pattern. It is quick and simple and allows for some very vibrant color choices.



I made the same changes as I did with my first top - french seams, 3 lines of shirring instead of elastic at the waist, and omitted bias binding for the neck edge. For this one, I also added a bit of length for a more blouson effect.

The pants are Simplicity 2618, which I made a couple years ago. Despite wearing a ponytail hairstyle, I felt very classic and professional at work.

I already have Butterick 5495 cut out, so I hope to sew it up to wear for tomorrow.

8 comments:

Amanda S. said...

Don't you look chic? Another great top, this must be a TNT now, right? HOW can you make things so quickly? With a baby?! You're making me look bad! :)

Patty said...

Very stylish!

mle said...

What a beautiful top! And I LOVE the dress you showed in the last post too! You are so talented!

gwensews said...

You've really been sewing up a storm! This top is really lovely.

Kisha said...

Very pretty top, once again. I lost my mojo and didn't sew my top on Saturday night for Sunday. But I so happen to pull out a purchased top and noticed the "shirring" you spoke of. I may try that on this top, it looks fairly easy. Hope I can accomplish it.

Kisha said...

Question: I decided to try the shirring on version of this top pattern previoulsy made in a poly/linen blend. The process went over well but it's not tight as I'd hoped it would be. Should I have scrunched the fabric while sewing (shirring)?

velosews said...

Great fabric and stunning top.

Lynneb said...

It's awesome! LOVE that print!