KNITTERS-DELIGHT



2:00 PM

FO B5495 and Me-Made-June Week 1



I finished a top I had planned to work on the prior week. This was a top that moved up to the top of my to-do list after seeing Adrienne's version. I plan on trying this again in a few printed fabrics that I purchased.



Overall I am very happy with my color-blocked version of this top. It is a fun summery top that adds a punch of color to a my outfit. It's paired with my black pants using Simplicity 2618. These pants are my go to pants for comfortable, yet work appropriate.

Last week was the start of Me-Made June. Here are my outfits for the first four days.



Starting Bottom Left and Going Clockwise:
* Butterick 5396 Top with Simplicity 2618 Pants
* McCalls 5276 Jacket with Vogue 1250 Dress
* Simplicity 2590 Cardigan with Simplicity 2594 Top
* Vogue 1179 Dress worn as a Top

I started making a pair of pants last night but stopped short after trying them on and finding it is too tight! Stinker. I'm cutting a different pants pattern tonight (in a larger size). lol.

11 comments:

Lori said...

Very cute new top. Looks like you have had a great start to June.

Faye Lewis said...

What a wonderful color combination.

Sheila said...

Lovely top and what a great color combo.

Gail said...

The bold colours look great on you. Bummer about the pants - always tissue fit before cutting.

Anonymous said...

clever. i would have never thought of that! i really like it!

Carol Mami! said...

omg! I need to have a top like that!

velosews said...

You look great and you've made these as well. They are so much better than RTW.

Michelle B said...

Love that top! I have one cut out to sew up! I bought the pattern after I saw Adrienne's too!

Shawnta said...

Wow!!! The color blocking has made that look like a completely different pattern. Love it!!!

coffeeaddict said...

What a great styling with the bolero.
I love the bright colours, very summer time.

Lynneb said...

Susan, I really, really like how you did the color blocking on the newest top! I never would have thought of that!

oh my gosh...you know how you have to do the word verification to post a comment? The letters spell
"Hammipie!" Isn't that funny?