KNITTERS-DELIGHT



11:53 AM

FO - Lanvin Knock Off - Butterick 5617



I entered the Pattern Review Knock Off Contest. Here is my finished dress. This puppy sells at Nordstroms and Bergdoffs for $2,240.00. I made mine in one day at the whopping total of $12.97 including fabric, zipper, and thread! Unbelievable.



This pattern is actually a fitting pattern. It is meant to be tailored for an exact fit. I just cut out the size 16 and sewed it up. Since it's a simple, darted sheath dress, I didn't even bother to take out the directions for a peak.

I am very happy with the results. I made mine longer with a back vent for a more work-appropriate version and that was about it.


19 comments:

Lori said...

What a fantastic dress, your design is so much better than the original.

Tanya said...

Great dress, I like your version better.

Karin said...

Well done! Where did you find that wild fabric?

Patty said...

Amazing! and what fun :-)

Jada said...

You go girl!! You look fabulous.

Jenny said...

Wow! Great job on the knock-off! It looks great!

Julie said...

what a fabulous sheath dress!! that fabric is incredible. You look stunning!

Andrea said...

You did a beautiful job on this dress. I love the fabric.

Marybeth said...

WOW! It looks so much like your inspiration dress, and it is so flattering on you! Great job!

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

Great fit coupled with fantastic fabric is a win-win situation.

Monique said...

Wow! How did you ever find the fabric for this contest so that you could make this dress? You did a fab job here. It looks just like the $2,240 dress, only better because I love your colors!
Forget knock-off girl. You reinvented this!

Eugenia said...

Great job!!! It looks fabulous on you, I love it.

Kelli said...

Brava. Great dress great knock off.

Can you please take another pic of the neckline. It's hard to see with the glare. ~ksp

Monica D said...

Girl, you are working it! :)

Cennetta said...

Love, love. Girl, you nailed the look. Good luck!

Kisha said...

Love love love the fabric/print!! Great dress!

Gail said...

I'm not keen on the idea of slavishly copying another designers work. But you have made a nice dress that fits well - and given yourself good value for money.

Kestrel said...

What a great version of the dress!

Lynneb said...

That is amazing! YOU WIN!